Earth Day resource for grades 3 - 5. This packet is an fun and creative way to integrate art, math, and language arts into your classroom for Earth Day. Use it as a daily lesson or as an enrichment activity! This activity should be used along with a reading passage about Earth Day or recycling to help your class connect recycling to the real world. I've provided links to the article and YouTube video we used below.
In this download you will find:
• A graphic organizer designed to help organize recycled building materials.
• Grid paper to draw the floor plan of the house. Each block represents one square foot.
• Area and Perimeter worksheet using measurements from the grid paper.
• A blank template to draw a diagram of your recycled house, make sure to include labels!
• A writing prompt, lined paper, and a writing rubric.
• A rubric for the house, math, and diagram portion of the assignment.
• List of resources used to go along with this project.
READING PASSAGE NOT INCLUDED. I recommend used the ReadWorks passage titled "Your Recycled House", I've used this as my text pairing and students were easily able to make connections.
Whimsical Recycled Houses Built By Dan Phillips – Home Makers – S1E1