Informative Research and Writing: Researching Earth Day
Students research and write an informative composition on an Earth Day topic! Passages, note taking outlines, and blank writing pages are included in this purchase. Multiple Common Core Standards and TEKS for 5th Grade Writing are supported.
* 5 Reading Passages
~ History of Earth Day
~ Environmental Protection Agency
~ Rachel Carson
~ environmental disasters
(Exxon Valdez, 3 Mile Island, Great Smog of 1952)
~ President Theodore Roosevelt
* 10 Outlines / Graphic Organizer for Note-taking
~ 5 outlines provide topics
~ 5 outlines are blank / students provide topics and subtopics
* 5 Composition Pages
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Choose one of 5 topics to research.
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
* Use for Earth Day celebration / writing contest, Differentiation,
Homework or as an Introduction to Research
This is a bundle of 5 products. Each product can be found separately.
* Students in grades 5-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 4-5
* Any mathematically or scientifically advanced student
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Similar products can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.
Informative Writing and Research Mathematicians and Scientists
Informative Writing and Research African Americans
Positive feedback would be greatly appreciated at:
Teachers Pay Teachers / Kathy Adams
Remember... providing feedback earns you points towards future purchases!