Also included in
- Go full STEAM ahead with this year-long bundle! Foster the 5 c's in your classroom. This includes creativity, collaboration, communication, citizenship, and critical thinking. Your students will love learning about relevant content. This STEM bundle (or STEAM bundle) is helpful for STEM/STEAM Friday$63.50$90.71Save $27.21
Looking for a fun addition to your Earth Day STEM Activities? This STEM with the Arts lesson is super engaging and will keep your students thinking. Students create their own dream home and then discover how much pollution they causing!
- 5E Lesson Plan
- Additional Links
- Wonder Chart
- Reading Passage with Comprehension Questions
- Optional Mini-book
- STEM with the Arts Activity with Printables
- Measurement and Data Papers
- Instructions with Pictures
- Writing Pages
- Reflection Page
In this lesson, students are given an unlimited amount of money and a plot of waterfront property.
Students will create their dream home on their property.
Next, the teacher will explain how each property is producing pollution by marking each property with pollution dots (pictured to the right). These dots represent the different types of pollution.
Finally, students will get to reimagine their waterfront property by creating a second dream home.
- crayons or markers
- Understand how humans can negatively and positively affect the environment
- Recognize influential leaders who established Earth Day
- Explain how people can reduce pollution.
- Identify different types of pollution.
Let's get connected! Click the STAR to receive notifications whenever I post new resources for 50% off AND my monthly newsletters! Get even more tips, FREEBIES, and coaching from Simply STEAM on social media!