Earth Day Sight Word Game
Fry Words (First 100 words) Recognition
Sight Word Recognition
Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade
- Print the cards out on cardstock for durability and laminate.
- Place all cards in a basket (I use a mini trash can/recycle basket from the dollar store).
- Print the colored recycle bins, laminate, fold on the line, and tape up the sides to make a pocket for each player.
- Have students sit together. Each student takes a turn rolling the dice. If the student rolls a 3, then the student pulls out 3 cards.
- The student must be able to read the word on the card and use it in a sentence in order to keep the card.
- If the student can read the word and use it in a sentence, then they get to put the card in their recycle bin.
- If the student cannot read the word, and use it in a sentence, they have to put the card back into the basket.
- Students take turn rolling the dice, selecting the number of cards, and reading them.
-When there are no more cards left, students will count up the total number of cards that they have. The one with the most cards wins!
First 100 FRY words on paper or aluminum can card.
Blank cards for you to write your own words on.
4 Recycle Bin Pockets
16 pages total
Thank you for the purchase of this product. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions to make this product better please contact me. I can also create this game using a custom word list that you might have.