This file includes an Earth Day Unit package, though it can also be used any time during the spring or during units about the environment and energy. The file includes 39 vocabulary cards related to Earth Day and the environment. It also includes 10 fun activities that students can complete during this unit.
The activities included are:
1) A contract students complete before starting the unit promising they will be good green citizens
2) Recyclable: Yes or No? worksheet
3) The 3 Rs: I reduce when..., I reuse when..., I recycle when...
4) My actions (Students look at the impact their choices have on the environment)
5) The Earth Gives Me (What the Earth gives me, What the Earth gives the community, What the Earth gives animals)
6) If the Earth could speak
7) Poster activity to promote the 3Rs around the school
8) I reuse! Students are given various objects and they must find a way to reuse each object.
9) Fill in the blank poem "I heart Earth"
10) Power Outage: What to do? Students have to plan activities for a day without electricity.
This is a great way to get students involved and aware about the environment. It also allows students to become more appreciative of what they have and make wiser choices. It is never too early to start talking about this.
Graphics credit goes to My Cute Graphics
. You can visit her TPT store here
You can earn TPT Credits
by leaving feedback on any of the products you purchase. You get 1 TPT Credit for every dollar you spend. 100 credits will earn you 5$ towards your next purchase.