Earth Day Thematic Unit for Grades K-1-2 on Very Busy Teachers store on Teachers Pay Teachers:
This Earth Day Thematic Unit has 22 pages consisting of the following worksheets:
* All About Earth Day. Comprehension. A story about Jack and Emma's Earth Day activities at school with 5 comprehension questions.
* Who Needs Trees? Comprehension. A comprehension passage including the great things about trees with 5 comprehension questions.
* Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Comprehension. A comprehension passage covering how we can help the earth with 5 comprehension questions.
* How Green Are You? A questionnaire covering how green the student's family is and includes a pledge.
* A Letter From Earth. Students are to write down three reasons why people should take better care of you from the perspective of the Earth. Students will then write a letter using these three reasons convincing people to take better care of the Earth.
* Fun With Words - students are provided with a list of words and asked to fill in the missing words in the quotes about the Earth.
* Earth Day Scavanger Hunt - Students will work in teams or individually to find the items in the information table provided.
* Earth Day Word Search - A Word Search for Earth Day Words.
* Reuse and Recycle - We are running out of room for trash on our planet. A lot of the things we throw away everyday can be reused or recycled. Students will cut out the words at the bottom of the page and glue them into the correct Recycle, Donate, Compost or Garbage Can box.
* How Well Do You Know Your Planet? - A quiz to see how well the students knows what is going on in their home planet.
* Earth Day Product Design - students are asked to redesign a product container that could be more Earth friendly and write a few short lines as to why this is so.
* Earth Day Superhero - Students are asked to create a superhero to protect the earth just like Superheroes such Superman protect from the bad guys. They use a card template to create their Superhero.
* Earth Day Superhero Story - Students will write a story about their Superhero.
* Eco-Transportation - Students will draw a design and write about a vehical that does not need fossil fuel for power.
* Plus Relevant Answer Keys for Worksheets
You can follow Very Busy Teachers by visiting:
How To For Teachers BlogVery Busy Teachers on FacebookVery Busy Teachers on Pinterest