I wrote the Earth Day song “Be Green” to empower children to make a difference--and also to teach them to think logically. I begin by telling children the meaning of “being green:” We should “care for the earth, and keep it clean.” Next, children learn four ways that they can immediately make a difference: Grow plants, be responsible with trash, conserve water, and conserve energy. I end the song by reviewing what we have learned.
This product is for the video ONLY. You will get:
1. The video on TpT.
2. A private link to the downloadable Vimeo version.
You can do several things to promote learning during the video:
1. Watch for "fun," and ask, "What do you notice?" This is a simple way to get a conversation started.
2. Do a "KWL" unit: Write what we Know, Want to know, and later Learned about caring for the earth. If some of your children start off with low levels of knowlege or experience, this song is a great way to give everyone a head start when creating charts.
3. Use motions. Work with children to create logical motions so that they take ownership.
4. Create projects out of the many suggestions included in the song.
For the mp3 song, lyric pages, and 55-page packet that teaches children to use the logic of the song in a writing unit (K-2), please click here
You may also be interested in my Earth Day BUNDLE that includes all of these materials as well as my "Let Your Garden Grow" video, song, and packet, available here
Happy Earth Day...and use this video throughout the year to let your children know that "Earth Day is EVERYDAY!"