Earth Day Writing Activities: Writing Prompts Quilt: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle etc
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle includes all 14 of my seasonal quilts. Each of the 14 quilt sets contains 7 writing prompts about the seasonal topic. Every prompt is provided in 2 different formats - 4 squares to a page or 2 squares to a page. You can choose the size that you prefer! The writing quilts make great themePrice $36.00Original Price $63.00Save $27.00
Create a great Earth Day classroom display as students combine writing and art to make a quilt display. These writing prompts provide you with great topics to discuss on or before Earth Day. Use these writing prompts as a springboard to discuss important environmental issues.
These writing prompts are designed for Earth Day but are also relevant for World Environment Day or can be used at anytime of the year to develop awareness of important environmental topics.
- This packet includes 7 different writing prompts.
- Each of these Earth Day writing prompts comes in 2 different formats - 4 squares to a page or 2 squares to a page. You can choose the size that you prefer!
- You can use as many as you like. Use one of the prompts or use them all.
- Students can all complete the same quilt square or they can complete different ones. Just print the pages that you want on paper and they are ready to use.
- The quilt squares have been designed to be joined together to create an Earth Day bulletin board or a quilt square display.
- This activity combines writing and art to create the quilt.
- It creates an impressive display and students will be proud of their work and their contribution.
- These are ideal for celebrating Earth Day in the classroom.
- Use to create a display, for a literacy center or even for homework.
- Students can create their own mini quilt by completing 6 of the writing prompt squares and joining them together.
- The writing prompts quilts have been marked as being suitable for 2nd grade, 3rd grade and 4th grade.
- Some teachers in 1st grade have used these successfully but the space for students to write may be a little tight although they can be enlarged on a copier.
- Teachers have also commented that they have successfully used the quilts with older students also including 5th grade to 8th grade.
Save with the Bundle – This Writing Prompts Quilt is also available with 13 other seasonal Writing Prompts Quilt sets. Each is available separately or buy the bundle and save over 40%.
Available at - Writing Prompts Quilt Bundle
The 7 writing prompts sheets are -
- Earth Day Poems
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Facts and Opinions About Trees
- Water is Precious
- Recycle and Reuse an Old T-Shirt
- I Can Help Our Earth
- I am Grateful For Our Earth
Great Earth Day activity that combines writing and art and produces an impressive display that students will be proud to show others.
You can use this file to create digital versions using the TpT Easel tool. Easel Activities are PDF pages that are customized using Easel then assigned to students via Google Classroom or with a link. Please note: TpT Easel activities cannot be printed at this time.
More Writing Quilts are available -
Holidays and Seasonal Writing Quilts
You may also like -
Earth Day Can You Make It? Math Challenges
Earth Day Color by Number Math Games
All Year Place Value Craft: Summer, Spring, Earth Day Math Activities etc
Be the first to know about new products, freebies and discounts from Games 4 Learning (this seller):
CLICK HERE to become a follower and receive updates.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases: Remember to leave feedback for the products you purchase so that you earn your free TpT Credits which are redeemable on future purchases.
Hope the kids enjoy creating the Quilt Display!