This pack contains 20 Earth Day/ environment-themed writing prompts that encourage brainstorming and creative thinking in your students' writing. These task cards work well as a supplement to your writing lessons, and are not only a great addition to your writing centers, but can be used as a warm up for the whole class or as independent journal writing assignments.
Not just for Earth Day - use this set with your novel units! Compliments novel studies such as: Hoot, Hatchet, Island of the Blue Dolphin, Julie of the Wolves, The Talking Earth, Operation Redwood.
This pack includes:
1) Writing Prompt Cards (p 4-8) –20 writing task cards
2) Guided Writing Prompt Cards (p 9-18) – Half-page task cards that include kid-friendly tips and guidelines for each writing prompt – in color.
3) Guided Writing Prompts (p 19-28) – Half-page task card set in B/W version
4) Writing Templates I (p 29-33) – includes bookmark, postcard, bumper sticker, greeting card, and comic strip templates.
5) Writing Templates II (p 1-3) – includes story, friendly letter, poem, and newspaper article templates.
When printing, make sure to select "Fit" for best results.
Please rate my work! It will be greatly appreciated!
Got a question? Email me!