Also included in
- Engage your students with these 5 digital activities for Spring! Send students on a digital Easter Egg Hunt, have them stand up for an Earth Day cause, host a poetry celebration during April, design and print Mother's Day cards, and give them a completely editable animal report template to research$16.00$25.00Save $9.00
- This YEAR-LONG bundle currently includes 11 separate Collaborative Activities in Google Slides to use with your students during the year. What are collaborative digital activities? In these products, students all work in ONE Google Slides presentation to share their poetry, sign autographs, New Year$31.00$62.00Save $31.00
- Get $125 worth of FREE products with this entire year bundle! 40+ activities and resources in Google Slides to use with your 3rd grade students. Back to school activities, digital agenda slides, parent teacher conference slides, holidays around the world, graphic organizers, multiplication mystery p$127.00$253.00Save $126.00
- Get $145 worth of free products with our entire year bundle! 50+ activities and resources in Google Slides to use with your 2nd grade students. Back to School activities, agenda slides, vocabulary digital notebook, biography report templates, parent teacher conference slides, graphic organizers, cou$145.00$287.50Save $142.50
Engage your students in a meaningful Earth Day activity that doesn't use any paper! Students will create a digital poster in Google Slides to share about an issue that's affecting the Earth or ways we can help the Earth. Students can present their poster to the class or have their classmates comment on their slide, continuing the discussion about how to help the Earth.
1. Use the discussion slides or included Jamboard to get your class brainstorming ideas for their digital posters.
2. Choose between 2 Google Slides templates for your students. Students will each customize one slide:
- Template 1: Students each create a digital poster based around one issue that’s affecting the Earth. They’ll include facts, a video, image, a hashtag, and have the option to link websites for classmates to learn more.
- Template 2: A beginner/quick activity where students will list 5 ways to help the Earth along with 2 images that go along with their list.
3. After students are finished, have them comment on their classmates' slides telling a fact they know about the issue, asking a question, giving their support about the issue, adding another way they can help, etc. Students LOVE commenting!
4. Optional: Reach a larger audience! Parents and other classes can leave comments on the slides, too. Just share the link.
If you don't want students all to work in one Slides presentation, you can give students their own copy. Put their completed individual slides together into one Slides presentation to share.
- Brainstorming Discussion Slides and Google Jamboard (use either)
- 2 Google Slides Templates for the Earth Day Digital Posters
- Research and take a stand on an issue affecting the Earth
- List ways we can help the Earth
- Bonus Google Slides presentation with editable slides in case you want to change the layout or give your students more freedom
- PDF Teacher Instructions: How to assign, tips for managing students in the same Slides presentation, how to have students comment, how to insert videos, how to share the link with parents, and more.
NOTE: When you purchase this product, the license can be used for one classroom, not an entire grade level or school. Please purchase multiple licenses if it will be used by more than one teacher. Thank you.
- Kathryn Averkamp - email@example.com
- Google Certified Educator
- Master’s degree in Educational Technology
- Taught each grade K-4 over the past 11 years
- Awarded Teacher of the Year for the 2019-2020 school year
- Click here to get notified when we add new digital resources.
♥ Don't forget you can earn TpT credits by leaving a review after you purchase products.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐More Google Activities ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Check out our Jamboards
All Year Resources
Learn Google Classroom for Teachers
Start mastering Google Classroom and creating interactive Google Slides activities and self-grading assessments in Google Forms. This complete video course will teach you everything you need to know about using Google accounts in your classroom. You’ll get instant access to more than 35 easy-to-follow videos that I created specifically for beginners
• Subtraction with Regrouping Word Problems Review (Topic 6 Envision)
• Google Slides Sharing Projects (Timelines, Family Traditions, Community Workers Current Events)
Beginning of the Year