This Earth Day writing resource can be used to teach paragraph development. The prompts can also be used for longer essays.
This Earth Day writing resource includes:
- 24 writing prompts
- A graphic organizer for paragraph writing
- 2 different sheets of Earth Day writing paper
- A grading scale for paragraph writing
Suggestions for using Earth Day and Ecology Writing:
1. Print, laminate, and cut apart the writing prompts.
2. Use the writing prompts and graphic organizer in your literacy centers.
For something different, try this fun whole group activity:
- Place up-side-down on table or place in envelopes.
-Have students each choose a prompt and keep it a secret from classmates.
- Students sit in their seats if they like the prompt or stand behind their chair if they would like the opportunity to trade.
- Students who are standing trade with one other classmate.
- Once again, if they like the new prompt, they sit. If they would like one more opportunity to trade, students stand behind their desk.
- Give students one more chance to trade.
- Provide the graphic organizer to assist with paragraph writing.
- Use the grading scale if desired.
*Click the green star above or click HERE to follow my store and be the first to know about new products and sales!
*Did you know that you can earn FREE TpT resources by rating your purchases and earning credits?! Your feedback also helps us continue to provide quality resources for educators.
Thank you for visiting!
Fourth Grade Frenzy