Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Save 35% by purchasing ALL my NGSS aligned Earth, Moon and Celestial Cycles teaching materials!
This is a GROWING bundle. PLEASE READ:
• The price of this bundle will increase as additional materials are added.
• This product includes FREE downloads of ALL future Earth, Moon and Celestial Cycles products.
• Download a FREE Unit Bundle to learn more about all my products.
• Save 45% with the Earth Science Complete Curriculum
• Save 50% with the Integrated Science Complete Curriculum
This bundle includes:
• Editable PowerPoint Presentation, Scaffolded Notes and Exam
• Interactive Notebook Lessons (Input Notes, INB Activities, Quizzes & Reflection Exercises)
• Task Cards and Bell Ringers Tiered to Bloom's Taxonomy
• SNAPs Lab Stations Activities
• Differentiated Unit Pacing and Planning Guide
• Warmups, Homework, Vocabulary Builders & Review Materials (coming soon)
All items in this product are 100% EDITABLE and DIFFERENTIATED. The product includes a PowerPoint Presentation (56 differentiated slides), scaffolded notes (differentiated and modified/completed notes included) and a summative examination (differentiated and answer key included). The PowerPoint is differentiated for upper elementary and middle school students. A color-shape code is found on the upper left corner of every slide to help you differentiate concepts for your students' needs and abilities.
This differentiated interactive notebook unit is composed of interactive notebook chapters. Each chapter includes an overview with photos of the completed INB activity, one page of input notes (differentiated when necessary), at least one INB activity (key included), a 4-5 question mini assessment (key included) and a 2-part reflection exercise. Editable versions of INB notes included. This INB unit includes 15 INB lessons and 26+ INB activities:
Chapter 1: Gravity
Chapter 2: Rotation vs. Revolution
Chapter 3: Time Units
Chapter 4: Celestial Cycles
Chapter 5: Sun’s Movement & Shadows
Chapter 6: Stars Movement at Night
Chapter 7: Seasons
Chapter 8: Seasonal Constellations
Chapter 9: Earth’s Revolution & Seasons
Chapter 10: Earth’s Tilt
Chapter 11: Sun’s Altitude & the Seasons
Chapter 12: Lunar Phases
Chapter 13: Eclipses
Chapter 14: Tidal Cycle
Chapter 15: Spring vs. Neap Tide
These differentiated and tiered 3-part activities are designed to "warmup" students at the beginning of a lesson. Activities are aligned with the interactive notebook chapters for each respective unit. Full and half page printing options and key included. This resource includes 15 bell ringer activities.
56 differentiated and tiered task card questions to help assess your students on important concepts covered in this unit. Answer sheets (differentiated) and key included.
• Earth, Moon and Celestial Cycles Lab Stations Activities
SNAPs Lab Stations are differentiated laboratory activities that require students to use science, math, literacy, problem-solving and engineering skills. These labs are designed to enhance students' understanding of scientific concepts and help students apply scientific ideas to the real world. This bundle includes 9 SNAPs lab activities:
• Earth's Gravity Lab Stations Activity (5-PS2-1)
• Season & Weather Lab Stations Activity (3-ESS2-1)
• Shadows & Day Length Patterns Lab Stations Activity (5-ESS1-2)
• Constellations Lab Stations Activity (5-ESS1-2)
• Seasons & Earth's Tilt Lab Stations Activity (MS-ESS1-1)
• Lunar Phases Lab Stations Activity (MS-ESS1-1)
• Solar and Lunar Eclipses Lab Stations Activity (MS-ESS1-1)
• Tidal Cycle Lab Stations Activity
Important Note: The Tidal Cycle has NOT been completed yet. If you purchase this bundle now, you can access and download this lab once completed and added to this bundle.
Next Generation Science Standards
This unit bundle satisfies NGSS 5-PS2-1, 3-ESS2-1, 5-ESS1-2 and MS-ESS1-1.
• All rights reserved by Stephanie Elkowitz.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only.
• Intended for classroom and personal use only.
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
• Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).