Earth Science Interactive Notebook, Printables, and 100% editable PowerPoint – Join the fun! 3 Units – Rocks and Minerals (includes Weathering and Erosion), Soil, and Fossils.
Rocks and Minerals Unit
Lots of real pictures for a better learning experience.
100% Editable PowerPoint slideshow (20 slides):
• What is a rock
• 3 major types of rocks (metamorphic, igneous, and sedimentary) with information, pictures, and examples
• The rock cycle
• 5 fun facts
Printables / worksheets (answer keys included):
• PowerPoint Review worksheet - students can follow along the PowerPoint to answer the questions so the teacher makes sure they are paying attention. Another option is using it as a quiz or test grade.
• Rocks are Everywhere – Reading Comprehension
• The Rock Cycle
• Weathering – Reading Comprehension
• Erosion – Reading Comprehension
• Comparing weathering and erosion – cut and paste activity
• Rocks and Minerals Vocabulary List
• Vocab Match
• Word Search
Interactive Notebooks (teacher directions included):
• 3 types of rocks flaps and questions
• Rock cycle
• 3 types of rocks (how its formed, examples, pictures)
• Weathering and erosion pocket activity
• Vocabulary Arranging activity
Printables (with answer keys)
• Soil PowerPoint review – 11 questions that go over the slides
• Soil layers – labeling activity – humus, topsoil, subsoil, parent material, and bedrock
• Physical properties of soil worksheet
• 4 types of soil worksheet – sand, silt, clay, and loam
• Vocabulary sheet
• Vocab match – students match each word to its definition
• Word search
• Soil Horizons (layers) flaps
• Sand, silt, and clay flaps with questions and drawing section
• 4 types of soil accordion – students write facts in the sections provided
• All about soil informational flaps
• Vocabulary activity
Editable PowerPoint (you can modify it to fit your student’s needs)
Topics include- what is soil, what it contains, how it’s formed, why it’s important, the four types of soil, who studies soil, Soil layers (horizons), fun fact
• Fossils PowerPoint Review – 10 questions that go over the slides which can be used either as a quiz to see if they paid attention or as something for them to fill in as you go through the slides so that they can pay attention. (They will need to pay attention either way ;)
• Vocabulary sheet – includes the words mold, cast, trace, true form, paleontologist, decompose, stromatolites, preserved, fossilization, and sedimentary rock
• Vocab match – Students will match the word to its definition
• Fossilization steps cut and paste – students will cut the sentence squares and glue them in correct order on the numbered page.
• Dinosaur Fossils – Reading comprehension article and questions
• Word Search – great for the early finishers or to simply kill time
• Four types of fossils pocket activity – students cut the sentence strips and place them in the correct category. The pockets can be glued in their science notebooks or on construction paper.
• Fossil facts accordion – they can research facts or use the PowerPoint to write facts on the sheet.
Editable PowerPoint –Topics include:
What fossils are, how they form, who finds and studies them, where they are found, about Mary Anning (the famous English fossil hunter), the four types of fossils (mold, cast, true-form, and trace), and three fun facts.
Check out my other bundles with great deals (Save Big!):
Animal Adaptation, Food Chains, and Biomes Bundle Science Bundle Packs – 6 Units