This 75+ page Earth Science Packet includes worksheets about the solar system, the layers of the Earth, plate tectonics, the ring of fire, earthquake activities and volcanoes.
I also included instructions for more than a dozen hands-on activities we did with this unit. This includes activities about plate tectonics, convection currents, using a compass, latitude and longitude, earthquakes, volcanoes, instructions on how to make a shake table and more!
This unit includes notebook pages and hands-on activities on the following topics:
• Earth and the Solar System
• The Layers of the Earth
• Earth’s axis
• Earth’s Geologic Timeline
• Equator, Latitude, Longitude
• Pangaea and Continental Drift
• Pangaea Flip Cards
• Plate Tectonics Puzzle
• Convection Currents
• Earthquakes: Earthquake waves (body waves, surface waves)
• Earthquakes and Faults
• Measuring earthquakes
• Making an earthquake shake table
• The different types of mountains
• The types of volcanoes (shield volcanoes, cinder cone volcanoes, composite cone volcanoes, caldera)
• Parts of a volcano
• Igneous Rocks
• Volcanic Eruptions
I hope you enjoy this unit as much as we did!