This unit is part of my Earth Science Interactive Notebook series focused on Plate Tectonics. This product includes five lessons, a pre-assessment or warm-up page, an editable unit cover to include your own state standards and word bank, editable test and quiz with answer key, a project, and more (76 printable pages)!
Each lesson comes with Cornell notes
, an activity, a presentation, and a mini quiz built into the presentation (162 presentation slides, PDF and not editable).
This product is part of my Earth Science Mega Bundle: Rocks and Minerals, Plate Tectonics, and Earthquakes.
Want the COMPLETE YEAR OF EARTH SCIENCE?! Check out my Earth Science entire year bundle!
The following vocabulary and main ideas are covered in this unit bundle:
• convection current
• plate boundary
• convergent boundary
• divergent boundary
• transform boundary
• plate tectonics
• tectonic plate
• seismic waves
• continental drift
• inner core
• outer core
• mid-ocean ridge
• hot spot
• Harry Hess
• Alfred Wegener
• Seismic waves
• States of matter of layers
• Composition of layers
• Shadow zone
• Magnetic field
This product includes all of the following:
★ Teacher guide:
strategies and tips to help grade, organize, and use the interactive notebook with fidelity and confidence.
★ Student Notebook set-up:
table of contents, score sheet, and notebook rubric. There is a filled-out table of contents and score sheet to help organize and pace teacher. Score sheet helps students keep track of their grades! Teachers will have stream-line grading too. There is an editable table of contents and score sheet (PowerPoint).
★ Unit Cover:
Provides standards and benchmarks, a word bank with all vocabulary words, and pictures related to unit. There is an editable unit cover for teachers to add their own, specific standards!
★ Anticipation Guide:
Ten true or false statements to identify what students know, what they think they know, and what they will learn. A presentation follows along printable lesson. An answer key is provided. Each anticipation guide question follows their according Cornell and presentation to review the answer.
★ Cornell notes:
Five Cornell notes are provided. There are two versions: filled and fill-in-the-blank for students to complete. A presentation follows the Cornell notes and leads whole class, direct instruction. A summary section is included where students answer essential questions. A drawing section is made available for students to add their own drawings or pictures from the presentation. Each criteria is worth one point making each Cornell worth five points. For easy grading, simply circle missing components or stamp to designate full credit.
Five activities follow each Cornell notes in order to support and reinforce students' understanding of the content and provide students an opportunity to think critically by creating something new with the input received from the notes. There is a are five criteria: written portion, art, color, reflection component, and an “excellent." Each criteria is worth one point making each activity worth five points. For easy grading, simply circle missing components or stamp to designate full credit.
Presentation guides direct instruction as students follow along and complete with their Cornell notes. Presentation revisits anticipation guide statements at the beginning of the lesson and at the end, has built-in mini quizzes (editable) at the end of each lesson to check for understanding, pictures to help learn the material, and starter sentences to support students complete the summary section of their Cornell notes.
★ Special Assignments (labs, projects, etc.):
All special assignments come with directions and rubrics. Templates for some are included..
★ Editable test and quizzes:
Test and quizzes are included with answer keys. A reflection activity is provided giving students an opportunity to reflect on their understanding and studying skills.
For easy grading, simply circle missing components or stamp to designate full credit. It’s that easy--I don’t take any grading home and I’m out of the door when the bell rings after school!
1. Make sure to extract file in order to open the zipped file.
2. If you purchase this product and the unit bundle, please note you will be purchasing duplicates so buy the bundle and save time and money!
4. To view the Presentation, which is a PDF and not editable, open the PDF, click on “View” and then on “Full Screen Mode.”
5. This product is not editable, except for the table of contents, score sheet, unit cover, and assessments. In order to accommodate different standards/benchmarks, the header section has a blank section for students to fill-in.
CHECK OUT MY OTHER UNIT BUNDLES:
★★★ Earth and Space, Physical, and Life Science Complete 3 Year Unit Bundles
1. Physical Science Complete Year Bundle!
2. Scientific Investigation Unit Bundle
3. Matter and Chemistry Unit Bundle
4. Force and Motion Unit Bundle
5. Energy Unit Bundle
6. Electricity and Magnetism Unit Bundle
7. Waves Unit Bundle
-EARTH AND SPACE SCIENCE:
1. Earth Science entire year bundle!
2. Earth Science/Astronomy Unit Bundle: Plate Tectonics, Rocks and Minerals, and Earthquakes
3. Scientific Investigation Unit Bundle
4. Rock and Mineral Unit Bundle
5. Plate Tectonics Unit Bundle
6. Earthquake Bundle
7. Earth's Waters Unit Bundle
8. Meteorology and Atmosphere Unit Bundle
9. Astronomy Unit 1: Earth, Moon, and Sun
10. Astronomy Unit 2: Solar System
11. Astronomy Unit 3: Stars, Galaxy, and the Universe
12. Astronomy Mega Bundle (Units 1, 2, and 3)
1. Biology Complete Year Bundle!
2. Scientific Investigation Unit Bundle
3. Cell Unit Bundle
4. Heredity Unit Bundle
5. Evolution and Geologic Time Scale Unit Bundle
6. Ecology Unit Bundle
7. Classification Unit Bundle
PHYSICAL SCIENCE- DIGITAL YEAR BUNDLE (GOOGLE DRIVE)
1. Scientific Investigation Digital Interactive Notebook
2. Matter and Chemistry Digital Google Drive Notebook Unit Bundle
3. Force and Motion- Digital Interactive Notebook Bundle for Google Drive
4. Energy, Work, and Simple Machines Digital Google Drive Notebook
5. Electricity and Magnetism Digital Interactive Notebook for Google Drive
6. Waves Unit- Digital Interactive Notebook for Google Drive
MORE DIGITAL BUNDLES TO COME SOON SO FOLLOW ME AND RECEIVE 50% THE FIRST THREE DAYS MY PRODUCT IS RELEASED!
I ♥ Followers!
Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches! All new products will be half off the already reduced price for the first three days it is posted. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the “Follow Me” star under The Teacher Time Saver.
Don't forget to leave a review too!
Follow me on Pintest
The Teacher Time Saver