Everything you need to introduce your middle school class to Earth Science.
The Earths Crust:
The 34 page student use pack covers the composition of the earth, its layers, rock and mineral properties, classifications, and uses, the rock cycle, mining, mineral deposits, soil formation and profiles, as well as a 2 possible extending learning projects.
The student use pack includes:
• Brainstorming sheet
• Worksheets and links for two Bill Nye Videos
• Vocabulary Group Project
• Hands on activities like Rock Cycle Fudge, Properties of
Minerals Stations, and Mining Chocolate Chips
• Diagrams, worksheets, information pages
• Rock cycle sentence strip and poster project
• Property Word Search
• Crossword Puzzle Assignment
• Extension Assignments and Activities like design your
own cookie mining invention, create your own cross
As well as a 37 page teacher resource pack with answer keys, teaching suggestions and important links, images, instructions, scripture verses for biblical integration, vocab sheets, as well as a quiz, adapted quiz and answer keys.
Works well with Hands on Science or Nelson Science and Technology 7. However, relevant information is provided in the booklets so they are not necessary. Resources are referred to as "extending learning" activities should you wish to include them.
The Dynamic Earth:
Our Dynamic Earth A unit on the forces that build and shape the earth: from Faults and Plates to Mountains, Volcanoes, and Earthquakes
• Rubric page
• Questions for Plate tectonic video on YouTube
• Plate tectonic activity page
• Types of faults info and room for diagrams
• Earthquake handouts and information on body and surface waves
• Mountain information handout and cut and paste
• Mapping Mountains Activity (requires an atlas) along with map
• Mountain review questions and extension activity
• Crossword to complete with Pacific Ring of Fire video from YouTube
• Volcano information handout
• Parts of a volcano definitions and hand drawn diagram to label
• Types of volcanoes group activity and worksheet
• Volcanic Eruptions Lab handout
• Sandwich squish lab pages and rubrics
• Unit project – Volcano Research Journal (including mapping activity, diagram, creative elements and a rubric to follow)
28 PAGE TEACHER RESOURCE INCLUDES:
All applicable answer keys, all links included for videos, links to images, resources, websites that will support your lessons inserted where you will need them for convenience, posters for Sandwich squish lab, handouts for group activities – types of volcanoes, types of folds and faults, teaching suggestions for lessons, and lab instructions including dialogue
Includes Scientific Process and extension activities using Nelson Science and Technology Grade 7 text. The extension work is just that – an extension. It is not required to use the booklet or teacher resources.
Also included are the unit test, adapted test and a key for both.
This is the second portion of my Earth Science Unit.
Each of the units can be purchased separately, but buying them in the bundle saves you $$. Each unit is $6.00, the bundle is only 9.99. You get the two 11 by 17 infographic posters - 3 Rock Types, as well as Sign of an Eruption worth $1.50 each!!!
Feedback is not only welcome but appreciated.
A fun extension activity that I use with this product can be found here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Minerals-Mining-and-the-Environment-1632891