The expected learning outcomes are listed below.
1) To explain how the Earth spinning explains day and night
2) To know what a leap year is and explain why we need them
3) To explain why the average temperature changes as we go through the year
4) To explain why the length of the day changes as we go through the year
5) To describe difference between stars and planets
6) To describe the phases of the Moon
7) To explain that the apparent movement of the stars is caused by the rotation of the Earth
8) To explain total and partial solar and lunar eclipses
9) To explain the effect the sun and the moon have on tides on earth
10) To describe spring tides and neap tides
11) Updated content with slides about the November 14 'Supermoon'