In this differentiated assignment, students must give advice to Mark Zuckerburg about where to buy his next vacation home if he does not want it to be destroyed by an earthquake. Mark is considering two locations and students must use their knowledge of where and why earthquakes occur to explain which city is a better choice.
This assignment is differentiated in that students may choose to complete their work in one of two forms:
1. A text message with an “uploaded photo”
2. A phone conversation showing dialogue between yourself and Mark
A plate boundary map is included in the assignment instructions, however students are encouraged to do further research about each location. Some ideas include:
· Exact location of each city
· History of past earthquakes
· Types of tectonic plates
· Types of plate boundaries
*This package includes a student instruction sheet (page 2) and a marking rubric (page 3).