The best bundle out there for teaching a unit on Earthquakes. Lesson plans are provided with resources for a full unit on earthquakes complete with meaningful activities. Classes are described in two parts: a teaching presentation followed by an activity. Document camera images and graphic notes are provided for the teaching presentations. Simply print out and use. Demonstrations are described that will attract the interest of students. The activities are all completely described and meaningful for the topic.
Below is more information about individual Earthquake topics in this Bundle. Check out their previews!
1. Layers of the Earth Layers of the Earth
2. Density of Core and Crust Measure the Density of the Core and Crust
3. Tectonic Plates Tectonic Plates
4. Seafloor Spreading Seafloor Spreading Model
5. Earthquakes and the Richter Scale Earthquakes and the Richter Scale
6. Seismic Waves Seismic Waves
7. The 1906 San Francisco Earthquake The San Francisco Earthquake of 1906
8. The Jello Earthquake The Great Jello Earthquake
9. P and S waves The Speed of P and S waves
10. Finding the Epicenter Finding the Epicenter
11. The Metallic Core of the Earth The Metallic Core of the Earth
12. Tsunamis Tsunamis
The packet also provides many excellent homework assignments, graphs, and worksheets to offer students during the course of teaching an Earthquake unit. These can be used for assessments and the graphs in particular are useful for substitute plans. This part of the bundle includes:
Which US states have the most earthquakes?
The most powerful earthquakes in the US
The most powerful earthquakes in the world
Practice open-ended questions: Layers of the Earth
Vocabulary matching worksheet
Graphic Organizer: Shake it up
Reading Comprehension: Earthquake: The Fukushima Nuclear Power Plants
Timeline of US earthquakes
Who am I?
Earthquake crossword puzzle with and without word bank
Study Guide and quiz
You save 20% on everything when you purchase this bundle!
Copyright © DrDavesScience. All rights reserved by author, including copyrighted images. This product is strictly for individual use, so please do not copy for other teachers and the file itself may not be forwarded to other individuals. Please do not violate copyright laws that are designed to help smaller individuals like us and instead direct other teachers to my online store at TPT. Take advantage of the special bulk discount and thank you for respecting the process. DrDavesScience offers a visual, professional, and hands-on approach to its teaching materials.