A quiz and study guide on earthquakes. Pass out the study guide two or three days before the quiz. The quiz contains multiple choice questions as well as a question where students must use a provided graph to determine the distance to an epicenter. There is also an open-ended question, making this a meaningful assessment. Answer key included.
Quiz and Study Guide cover these Earthquake topics:
1. Layers of the Earth Layers of the Earth
2. Tectonic Plates Tectonic Plates
3. Seafloor Spreading Seafloor Spreading Model
4. Earthquakes and the Richter Scale Earthquakes and the Richter Scale
5. Seismic Waves Seismic Waves
6. The 1906 San Francisco Earthquake The San Francisco Earthquake of 1906
7. Finding the Epicenter Finding the Epicenter
8. The Metallic Core of the Earth The Metallic Core of the Earth
Although free, this resource is also part of a lesson plan bundle for earthquakes. Take advantage of this BUNDLE purchase and you will automatically save 20% on each of the other individual earthquake topic products. Bundle of Lesson Plans for Earthquakes
Copyright © DrDavesScience. All rights reserved by author, including copyrighted images. This product is strictly for individual use, so please do not copy for other teachers and the file itself may not be forwarded to other individuals unless you are buying multiple copies (at a 50% discount!). Please do not violate copyright laws that are designed to help teachers and instead direct others to this online store at TPT. Thank you for respecting the process. DrDavesScience offers a visual, professional, and hands-on approach to its teaching materials.