This Novel Study includes the following:
* A suggested Timeline for the reading of the novel and included activities
* Teacher-Lead Discussion Topics for each chapter
* A Diagram of the Setting
* Worksheets for each chapter with Answer Keys
* Book Club Discussion Questions
* Character Analysis Printable
* Storyboard Project and Rubric
The chapter worksheets include a vocabulary section as well as a comprehension section. Students must choose correct definitions for each of the words based upon the context clues found within the story and create new sentences for each word to show understanding. The comprehension questions range from the knowledge level to the evaluation level and all levels in between. Students must recall information, make inferences and judgements, analyzes situations, empathize with the characters, etc. Multiple forms of figurative language are also covered, such as simile, metaphor, personification, idiom, and hyperbole.
The book club discussion questions also require higher order thinking and cover multiple story elements, such as setting, cause and effect, foreshadowing, flashbacks, theme, etc.