Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This lesson plan consists of a PowerPoint, videos, worksheet, model, map, vocabulary matching words, labs, Kahoot AND quiz!
It includes both collaborative and individual work.
The lesson plan consists of the following topics:
1. What is an Earthquake?
2. What are Earth’s layers?
3. What are Plate Tectonics?
4. What Happens When Plates Move?
5. Types of Plate Boundaries
- The Theory of Continental Drift
6. What is a Fault?
7. What Happens when an Earthquake Starts?
8. How are Earthquakes Measured?
- The Richter Magnitude Scale
9. How Long Does an Earthquake Last?
10. How Many Earthquakes Happen Each Year?
11. Where Do Earthquakes Occur Most Often in the United States?
12. The 25 Largest Earthquakes in the United States
13. Famous Earthquakes Around the World
14. Photos of Earthquake Damage