A teaching lesson on Seafloor Spreading, complete with activity where students construct a model of this process. Lesson plans for a 15-20 minute teaching presentation are described and include content notes to display in a graphic format. This resource also includes links to short instructional videos that show excellent animations of seafloor spreading. Complete directions are described in a visual format to make the model, which can also include labels that indicate the reversal of Earth’s magnetic field! A grading rubric is provided to assess the diagram.
Click to Explore other Earthquake Topics
1. Layers of the Earth Layers of the Earth
2. Density of Core and Crust Measure the Density of the Core and Crust
3. Tectonic Plates Tectonic Plates
4. Seafloor Spreading
5. Earthquakes and the Richter Scale Earthquakes and the Richter Scale
6. Seismic Waves Seismic Waves
7. The 1906 San Francisco Earthquake The San Francisco Earthquake of 1906
8. The Jello Earthquake The Great Jello Earthquake
9. P and S waves The Speed of P and S waves
10. Finding the Epicenter Finding the Epicenter
11. The Metallic Core of the Earth The Metallic Core of the Earth
12. Tsunamis Tsunamis
And then there is all of the above in one fabulous lesson plan bundle! Take advantage of this BUNDLE purchase and you will automatically save 20% on this product and each of the other individual earthquake topic products. Bundle of Lesson Plans for Earthquakes
Copyright © DrDavesScience. All rights reserved by author, including copyrighted images. This product is strictly for individual use, so please do not copy for other teachers and the file itself may not be forwarded to other individuals. Please do not violate copyright laws that are designed to help smaller individuals like us and instead direct other teachers to my online store at TPT. Take advantage of the special bulk discount and thank you for respecting the process. DrDavesScience offers a visual, professional, and hands-on approach to its teaching materials.