Also included in
- 5th Grade Utah SEEd Bundle: This is a year's worth of lessons and units that address all of the Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Save 20% by purchasing together! You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? These units use ph$107.28$134.10Save $26.82
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 5th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 5th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$73.32$91.65Save $18.33
- NGSS Fourth Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 4th grade for the entire year. These resources include slideshows, informational text reading passages, science labs, science centers, response pages, and an assessment for each strand of NGSS fourth grade. Do you want an NGSS b$72.64$89.80Save $17.16
- This fourth-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for 4th-grade NGSS as well as fourth-grade resources for reading informational text. Teachers and school districts will love this fourth-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers, nonfiction articles, and more. This Bund$145.96$180.70Save $34.74
- This NGSS Bundle for 4th grade will provide your students with a year's worth of engaging science lessons, readings, worksheets, slideshows, labs, games, and more! Fourth-grade students will love these NGSS aligned activities! You Save 20% bypurchasing them here together. These resources are specifi$98.36$122.95Save $24.59
- Are you looking to teach Earth Science to Upper Elementary Students? This bundle covers all the Earth Science standards for fourth-grade NGSS. Students will love these engaging activities and labs. You save 20% by purchasing as a bundle!This bundle includes:The Rock CyclePangea: Patterns of Earth's$58.12$62.90Save $4.78
Earthquake Unit for 4th and 5th grade. Students will analyze maps to learn about Earth's features. Students will compare multiple solutions to reduce the impacts of natural Earth processes on humans. Students will love learning about Earthquakes and the science behind them. Includes over 90 pages and slides!
This resource includes:
- hands-on activities
- lab pages
- map work
- interactive notebook flaps
- five pages of informational text passages
- comprehension pages
- a slide show
- a WebQuest
- sorting cards
- QR code research
- answer keys!
This unit integrates ELA and science in meaningful ways.
This resource addresses the following standards for NGSS:
NGSS 4-ESS2-2. Analyze and interpret data from maps to describe patterns of Earth’s features.
4-ESS3-2. Generate and compare multiple solutions to reduce the impacts of natural Earth processes on humans.*
This resource is also aligned with Utah SEEd
Standard 5.1.1 Analyze and interpret data to describe patterns of Earth’s features.
Design solutions to reduce the of naturally occurring events that impact humans.
Concepts are aligned with NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas from Earth's History, Earth’s Materials and Systems, Human Impacts on Earth's Systems, Plate Tectonics, and Large-Scale System Interactions, Natural Hazards, Designing Solutions to Engineering Problems.
There are five pages of informational text passages! This unit is aligned with CCSS for Reading Informational Text for 4th grade, making this an integrated unit on earthquakes. The passages are also aligned with Utah Core standards for reading informational text.
This resource has 90 pages altogether and should take about two weeks to complete. Answer keys are included.
Created by Lynda R. Williams
Teaching Science with Lynda
Students will love all the interesting activities.
Science Concepts Included:
San Andreas Fault
Making an Argument from evidence
Interpreting Data From Maps
How earthquakes can change the Earth’s features
If you have questions about my resources please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
* My resources, including the slide show, are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
For NGSS 4th Grade
Next Generation Science Standards
and for 5th Grade Utah SEEd
Please see some of my other resources for 4th Grade NGSS: