This Google Slides presentation introduces students to the Earth's atmosphere.
- This presentation is structured to answer the four following questions:
- What is the atmosphere?
- What's in the atmosphere? (gases)
- What are the layers of the atmosphere? (troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere, and exosphere)
- This section also provides a brief overview of each layer.
- How does air pressure change in the atmosphere?
- There are a total of 15-slides. Slides contain information for guided notes with images.
A great BrainPOP video link is also included (but you need a subscription).
- I think this is best taught over the course of one-two days.
- There's also a guided notes sheet available that accompanies this product available in a bundle.
- This was designed for 7th grade, but I think it can appropriately be used in 4th through 10th depending on your standards.
I hope you find this helpful, and that it saves you time as you prepare to teach these concepts.