Also included in
- The earth science differentiated inquiry labs bundle is a collection of hands-on labs which focuses on earth science topics for middle school science. Each topic contains three complete labs that are differentiated for all of your students. BUNDLE AND SAVE $$:Buy the complete inquiry labs bundle an$85.60$154.00Save $68.40
- This is the ultimate labs bundle for middle school science teachers. The nearly 150 inquiry labs are designed to take the focus off of lab preparation and put it back into teaching. What's Included in each Inquiry Lab:Teachers Resources Pages - prep time, standards/objectives, teacher directions, m$418.40$1043.00Save $624.60
Students will construct a model of the earth showing the compositional layers and identify where the mechanical layers begin and end. Students will learn about the continental crust, lithosphere, asthenosphere, mesosphere, mantle, inner core, and outer core while learning about the layers of the Earth.
The product contains three complete labs that are differentiated for all of your students.
BUNDLE AND SAVE $$:
- Teacher Resource Pages - prep time, standards/objectives, teacher directions, materials, and additional resources.
- Answer Keys - suggested answer keys for the labs
- CER Conclusion and Reflection Questions - Claim, Evidence, and Reasoning statements along with 3 reflection questions per lab.
- All pages are EDITABLE.
3 Differentiated Labs
Dependent Student Lab- A complete lab. This level is written with a combination of procedural instructions and inquiry questions. They are moderately student-centered with guided inquiry questions throughout the lab. Suggested for on-level learners.
Modified Student Lab - A complete lab. This level provides the most structured lab experience. The lessons may eliminate parts of the lab and change the questioning to include sentence stems or multiple choice questions. Suggested for learners with modifications.
Independent Student Lab - A complete lab. This level is the most student-centered experience. Suggestions are made for the students to get started, but most of the decisions will be student-centered. The students will be responsible for most aspects of the lab and will have the least guidance. Suggested for advanced learners.
Materials Needed per Group:
Gray clay (1” diameter ball, about the size of a grape)
Red clay (1” diameter ball)
Black clay (1 ¼” diameter ball)
Yellow clay (1 ½” diameter ball)
Green clay (½” ball for continental crust)
Blue clay (1” ball for oceanic crust)
Dental floss (about 8”)
Save Time and Buy Now
Save precious prep time and get back to teaching. All of the work hard work has been done for you. Go have some fun with those students!
Copyright © Chris Kesler. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.