Also included in
- This is a year-long bundle for 5th grade NGSS. This bundle covers all the standards for the year for fifth-grade NGSS. Save 20% by purchasing this bundle. These resources will engage students in hands-on lessons in the 5 E format. Get resources for science by someone that really understands the NexPrice $90.16Original Price $112.70Save $22.54
- Fourth Grade Utah SEEd Bundle This resource bundles all my 4th-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? This huge bundle includes a year’s worth of rPrice $103.59Original Price $129.49Save $25.90
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth-grade science. Get NGSS Resources from someone who undePrice $131.36Original Price $164.20Save $32.84
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 4th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 4th grade. This bundle also includes an assessment that can be used at the end of each strand. Save 20% by purchasing this as a bundle. Save lotsPrice $53.40Original Price $66.75Save $13.35
- NGSS Fifth Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 5th grade for the entire year. Each unit is complete and addresses a standard. You save 20% by purchasing this bundle for fifth-grade science. This year-long 5th-grade science bundle is outstanding!The following resources are inPrice $71.16Original Price $88.95Save $17.79
Earth's Place in the Universe: Students will love these interesting activities regarding the Sun's brightness, the seasonal appearance of stars, and daily changes of shadows. This resource uses phenomena to engage the students. Students will love these fifth-grade science lessons on Earth, the Sun, Distance to Other Stars, and Shadows.
This resource includes:
- two informative slideshows
- hands-on activities
- interactive notebook flaps
- informational text passages
- response pages
- 5E lesson plans
- a quiz
- answer keys
This resource is designed to address two of the 5th grade standards for NGSS from the Earth’s Place in the Universe strand.
5-ESS1-1. Support an argument that differences in the apparent brightness of the sun compared to other stars is due to their relative distances from Earth.
5-ESS1-2. Represent data in graphical displays to reveal patterns of daily changes in length and direction of shadows, day and night, and the seasonal appearance of some stars in the night sky.
Also aligned with Utah SEEd 4th grade standards
Utah SEEd 4.4.1
Construct an explanation that differences in the apparent brightness of the Sun compared to other stars is due to scale. Emphasize relative distance from Earth, not sizes of stars.
Utah SEEd 4.4.2
Analyze and interpret data of observable patterns to show that Earth rotates on its axis and revolves around the Sun.
Students will learn that the movements in the solar system affect how we see the night sky and how we see shadows. Students will also learn that stars may be bigger than our Sun, but not appear that way because of the great distance they are from Earth.
Students will also learn about the make-up and layers of our Sun and about the life cycle of a star. Students will create graphs and answer questions based on the graph they have created.
Students will love this 5th grade unit for Earth and Space. Teachers will love the easy-to-use 5E lessons for 5th-grade science. This resource has over 77 pages/slides. It will take about 13 days to complete if all the pages are used.
Students will use science and engineering practices:
- Asking Questions and Defining Problems.
- Developing and Using Models.
- Planning and Carrying Out Investigations.
- Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- Using Mathematics and Computational Thinking.
- Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions.
- Engaging in Argument from Evidence.
- Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information.
Created by Lynda R. Williams
Teaching Science With Lynda
Want to know more about teaching Earth's Place in the Universe?
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Thank you for visiting my store. Please see some of my other great resources NGSS 5th grade.