Products in this Bundle (4)
Also included in
- The Middle School Science Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses the complete NGSS Middle School Curriculum for grades 6th, 7th and 8th grade. This is a growing bundle and I will add new resources to it as they are created. Save 20% by purchasing$292.84$366.05Save $73.21
This bundle for Earth and Space Science for middle school NGSS covers all the standards for Middle School Earth’s Place in the Universe. Students will develop models of the Earth-Sun-Moon system, explain gravity in galaxies, and determine the scale and properties of objects in the solar system.
This Bundle Includes:
Disciplinary core ideas of ESS1. The universe and its Stars, ESS1.B Earth and the Solar System, and ESS1.C The History of Planet Earth
NGSS MS-ESS1-1 Develop and use a model of the Earth-sun-moon system to describe the cyclic patterns of lunar phases, eclipses of the sun and moon, and seasons.
NGSS MS ESS1-2 Develop and use a model to describe the role of gravity in the motions within galaxies and the solar system.
MS-ESS1-3. Analyze and interpret data to determine the scale properties of objects in the solar system.
MS-ESS1-4. Construct a scientific explanation based on evidence from rock strata for how the geologic time scale is used to organize Earth’s 4.6-billion-year-old history.
This bundle includes four complete units. The resource includes slide shows, hands-on labs, and activities, reading passages and comprehension questions, response sheets, interactive notebook flaps, and more.
Students will participate in investigations, make models, and use computational thinking to learn about space, the solar system, the galaxy, and the universe.
Each unit included in this bundle has 5-E lessons, nonfiction passages with comprehension questions, response pages, interactive notebook inserts, quizzes, answer keys, and hands-on lab activities. Some of the units also include slideshow presentations and QR code research activities.
Students will use science and engineering practices.
- Asking Questions and Defining Problems.
- Developing and Using Models.
- Planning and Carrying Out Investigations.
- Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- Using Mathematics and Computational Thinking.
- Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions.
- Engaging in Argument from Evidence.
- Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information.
Created by Lynda R. Williams
* My resources, including the slideshows, are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
This resource is intended for printable use. The slide show is in PPT format and other pages are a printable PDF.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Please see my other resources for NGSS Middle School: