Earth's Seasons - 7 Engaging Lab Stations
Also included in
- This bundle includes 6 Space Lab Station Activities.If you're looking to provide a great learning experience for your students and save a little money as well, you've come to the right place. Do you use Science Centers in your classroom? These would be perfect.---------------------------------------Price $42.47Original Price $84.79Save $42.32
- Earth's Seasons - Fully editable and Complete 5E Lesson. Everything you need to teach a unit on Earth's Seasons. This fully-editable, no prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. Each included resource is either completely or alPrice $19.46Original Price $28.92Save $9.46
- MS-ESS1-1 Earth's Place in the Universe - A NGSS Bundle for middle school students. Everything you need in one tidy package including a daily teaching schedule, lessons, activities, and assessments. The daily schedule covers 9 teaching days which can be reduced or expanded as needed.This fully-editaPrice $51.97Original Price $80.80Save $28.83
- MS-ESS1 1-4 - Earth's Place in the Universe - A NGSS Bundle of Bundles for middle school students. This package includes my MS-ESS1-1, MS-ESS1-2, MS-ESS1-3, and MS-ESS1-4 bundles. Everything you need in one tidy package including daily teaching schedules for each standard, lessons, activities, and aPrice $92.25Original Price $145.59Save $53.34
This fully editable Lab Station on Earth's Seasons and why they occur is meant to get your students out of their seats and engaged in the content. Each station not only offers a unique opportunity to test your students' knowledge (offer an opinion, answer questions based on a video or reading, draw, etc.), but also provides a fantastic learning opportunity where your kids are learning through assessment. Each station comes with a description card while some also contain more detailed instructions, a reading, questions to answer, etc. Students are equipped with a recording sheet (passport) to write their answers. There is almost no prep for you. Simply print the cards, lay them out around the room and you're all set. An answer key is also provided where applicable.
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my Earth's Seasons - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
This lab activity covers:
- Earth’s rotation, tilt and revolution
- Solstices and Equinoxes
- Direct and indirect sunlight
- The seasons
Bonus Activities: To ensure your students don’t have any downtime between stations, your lab also includes a 10-word word scramble and word search, both with an answer key. You can use them as part of their mark, as a bonus so it’s not mandatory, etc. However you choose to use it, it will ensure that your students are always busy and never idle. Note: For stronger classes, I give the word scramble and for weaker ones, the word search.
- "This was exactly what I needed for my astronomy class. Thank you so much it worked well."
- "Awesome Resource!"
- "My students' understanding of seasons grew so much as they visited these stations. Amazing product!"
- "Great Job- Kids loved it"
How do the Lab Stations work? Each station is specially designed to be a unique complement to the material while at the same time, provide a valuable learning experience. Below is an overview of how each station works. In your activity, each will be tailored to the specific content.
Station 1: Get Hands-On – using their creative skills, students are required to draw or build.
Station 2: Research – using a classroom computer or their own device, students must research a specific question/issue surrounding the topic.
Station 3: Explain yourself – students write down an opinion to a question in paragraph form.
Station 4: Rest Station - students can use this time to catch up on work they didn't have time to complete at a previous station or prepare themselves for an upcoming one.
Station 5 - Applicability reading – students read a short passage from an article, website, etc. which directly connects the classroom content to a real life application.
Station 6: Test your knowledge – students answer 5 multiple choice questions then provide a written explanation for how/why they came to their conclusions.
Station 7: Learn from the expert – using a classroom computer or their own device, students must watch a short video clip and answer the associated questions. They may stop, rewind and restart as often as they like during the time frame.
Station 8 - Rest Station.
Station 9: Become the question master – Students must create 2 multiple-choice questions, 2 true/false questions and 1 short answer question. Students must also supply the answers.
You might also be interested in my other lab station activities
Ecology and the Environment:
• The Classification of Living Things
• Biodiversity and Invasive Species
• Cellular Respiration and Photosynthesis
• Plant Sexual and Asexual Reproduction
• Interactions Within Ecosystems
• The Human Respiratory System
• Cellular Respiration and Photosynthesis
• Cancer: Cell Division Gone Wrong - Volume I
• Cancer: Cell Division Gone Wrong - Volume II
• Genetic Material: DNA and RNA
• Newton's Three Laws of Motion
• Kinetic and Gravitational Potential Energy
• Current Electricity and Circuit Diagrams
• Light Optics and the Production of Light
• Sound, Sound Energy and Speed
• One and Two-Dimensional Motion
• Asteroids, Comets and Meteors
• Atomic Model, Notation and Atoms
• Chemical Reactions and Balancing Equations
• Molecular and Ionic Compounds
• Physical and Chemical Properties & Changes
• Acids, Bases, and Neutralization Reactions
• Single and Double Displacement Reactions
• Balancing Chemical Equations
• Synthesis, Decomposition and Combustion Reactions
• Atomic Theory, Atomic Structure and Isotopes
• Types of Bonds and Intermolecular Forces
These station cards are meant to be used as a lab activity but can also be utilized in a review task before a test or a quiz. Used either way, your students will love it! I know mine do and I'm telling you from first-hand experience as I've used this activity in my own class.
Thank you for your interest in my products. If you have any questions, please send me an email - email@example.com