Also included in
- I LOVE Astronomy! One of my life's missions is to help more people understand the wonders of space and appreciate the Earth. I hope these Astronomy resources will find a home in your classroom and spark curiosity and excitement in your students.This zipped folder will include all of my present and$200.00$255.50Save $55.50
- If you are overwhelmed or intimidated by teaching Astronomy or Space Science you are in luck! This bundle of resources includes everything you could ever ask for: lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, student notes, practice questions, formative assessment pieces, and creative activities. BONUS: A$140.00$170.00Save $30.00
This is the ultimate lesson for teaching about Earth's Seasons! In this lesson your students will learn about why Earth's distance from the Sun is NOT responsible for the seasons; the different between Earth's rotation and revolution; Earth's tilted axis; how the amount of light received in a location can change based on Earth's location in orbit; solstice and equinox; the significance of locations on Earth (Equator, Arctic Circle, Antarctic Circle, Tropic of Cancer, and Tropic of Capricorn); seasonal lag; and the axial tilts of other planets . This bundle of resources includes a lesson plan, PowerPoint, student notes, practice questions and formative assessment pieces – almost everything is editable!
Student learning goals for the Earth's Seasons Lesson:
- describe how the amount of sunlight changes in each hemisphere depending on the location of Earth and its tilted axis
- address the misconception that distance to the Sun causes the seasons
- predict how seasons would change with a change in axial tilt
Please examine the images and preview above to see how this resource can help you and your students.
In the zipped file, you will receive:
★ 2-page lesson plan (PDF and editable Microsoft Word).
★ 28-slide editable PowerPoint presentation with hyperlinks to YouTube videos.
★ 6-page editable student notes (PDF and editable Microsoft Word) that coordinate with the PowerPoint in a fill-in-the-blank style, that includes 6 homework/practice questions (4 pages of notes, 2 pages of homework questions). A teacher version with blanks filled in is also provided in both file types.
★ 21 pages of editable task cards that can be used as formative assessments. 8 pages of quick checks to be used during class and 8 pages of retrieval practice questions to be later in the unit. For ease of use, these are included as all-different on a page, and all-the-same on a page (PDF file and editable PowerPoint file).
★ Extra Activity: Life at Different Longitudes summary explores how 5 different areas on Earth experience seasons throughout the course of a year. There are two options for this page. 2 possible student pages, 1 page of answer keys. (PDF file).
★ Domino Puzzle: Student practice matching terms related to seasons with their definition. Instructions and solutions included. 3 pages (PDF file). Terms included in the domino puzzle are:
-Tropic of Cancer
-Tropic of Capricorn
ALMOST ALL RESOURCES ARE EDITABLE: The PowerPoint, lesson plans, student and teacher notes, homework, and bell ringers are all editable. The two Life at Different Longitudes summary pages (for clip art copyright reasons) and the Seasons Domino Puzzle are non-editable PDFs.
This lesson can further be supported by the Earth's Seasons Doodle Note
If you are interested in using the doodle notes with these lessons your best value is to purchase the Astronomy Growing Bundle. This bundle includes all the lessons, PowerPoint presentations, practice and activities as well as all the doodle notes and anchor charts. When additional lessons are added, you can be notified by following my store.
You can see the other resources in the Astronomy all-in-one Lesson Bundle by clicking the links below. Please follow my store for notifications when new resources are added to the bundle.