Also included in
- This bundle of lessons, labs, and field activities is perfect for an introduction to a high school environmental science course. The notes and projects are designed to facilitate independent learning and are ideal for sub plans or simply to encourage self-instruction of concepts. Activities and e$48.15$53.50Save $5.35
- This is a bundle of 6 lessons for a high school earth science or ecology course designed to facilitate independent learning about freshwater and marine ecosystems and how they are impacted by human development. The lessons are ideal for sub plans or simply to encourage self-instruction of basic con$43.00$54.00Save $11.00
- This is a bundle of environmental and earth science lessons on the composition and layers of the atmosphere, global wind and climate patterns, and biogeochemical cycles. Web-quests, worksheets, PowerPoints, and lab activities are all included! The lessons are designed to facilitate independent lear$24.00$30.00Save $6.00
- This is a bundle of 5 environmental and earth science lessons on minerals, rocks, soil, erosion, fossil fuels, and renewable energy. Webquests, worksheets, PowerPoints, and lab activities are all included! The lessons are designed to facilitate independent learning and are ideal for sub plans or$47.00$59.00Save $12.00
- Are you ready for your students to take charge of their learning? This environmental science course is interactive, hands-on, and student-centered! It includes tons of labs and activities as well as web-quests, worksheets, concept maps, and quizzes! Students learn about the features and organisms$170.00$212.50Save $42.50
This environmental science lesson and activity is a quick and easy introduction to the earth's spheres: geosphere, hydrosphere, biosphere, and atmosphere. A brief introduction to the cryosphere is also included.
This lesson is the starting point for an Environmental Science course delving into deeper content in each of the earth's spheres.
➤Included in this product:
- Detailed teacher lesson plan including essential questions, standards, included resources, and materials list
- Student web-quest on biosphere, atmosphere, hydrosphere, and lithosphere as well as interactions between them
- A short exploration of the cryosphere and its significance in climate change studies
- An outdoor activity in which students examine local ecology
- A concept map to practice vocabulary
▶️Want to use this lesson in Google Classroom(TM) or Microsoft OneDrive(TM)?
Find a Google Drive version of this file here for assigning materials in a SNAP!
➤How do I use this lesson?
Students independently gain vocabulary and basic concepts through internet web-quests and videos. The content delivery is perfect for substitutes because students can work independently on the web-quest and research project.
➤What curriculum could I use with this lesson?
This lesson is ideally geared towards high school students and would work well with a general level Environmental Science or Biology textbook. It is not designed to meet AP Environmental Science or AP Biology standards, but could supplement these courses.
Here is a list of all my Environmental Science lessons:
*Please note that I am working to update all of the lessons in 2019 and 2020. The Biosphere lessons are completely redone and the others will be redone in 2020.
- Earth's Spheres: Biosphere, Hydrosphere, Atmosphere, Geosphere, Cryosphere
- Ecology Basics: Lesson & Activities
- Energy: Energy Pyramids & Symbiotic Relationships
- Species: Endangered & Threatened Species, Speciation
- Population Growth: Population Pyramids & Carrying Capacity
- Ecosystems and Biomes: World Biomes & Food Webs
- Ecological Succession: Communities & Change
- Biodiversity: Species Biodiversity & Invasive Species
- Intro to Earth's Atmosphere: Composition & Layers
- Environmental Science: Nutrient Cycles
- Weather for Secondary Students
- Mineral Identification Activity (FREE!)
- Minerals Lesson & Activity
- Rocks Jigsaw: Igneous, Metamorphic, and Sedimentary
- Soil Horizons & Composition
- Soil Erosion & Conservation: Lesson & STEAM Lab