Earthworm Life Cycle - Comprehensive Unit on Worms
Life cycles of living things are part of most curriculum standards.
Kids love live animals and this unit includes life cycle photographs of real earthworms. The PowerPoint presentation introduces children to life cycle of common earthworms. The photographs in this unit are from an award-winning photographer.
Unit Vocabulary Highlightsnightcrawler, embryo, invertebrate, cocoonclitellum, saddle, segments, anus, setae, gizzards, intestines, castingsrecycle, fertilize, cold-blooded, regenerate
PowerPoint introduction to a earthworm's life cycle (featuring real photos). We've also included additional information and cool facts about earthworms. 22 pages.
Bulletin Board/Student Center - 10 full page color photos and information related to worms.
• Complete the Life Cycle - Students cut out pictures and place them in the correct order for the earthworm’s life cycle.
• Earthworm Life Cycle Sentences - Students use the correct word to complete sentences.
• Becoming a Worm Sentences - Students observe some photographs from a worm’s life cycle and describe what is happening in the photos.
• Earthworm True or False - Students indicate whether statements are true or false.
• Earthworm Facts - The teacher provides the pupils with student center information for this activity (included). Students complete a worksheet about what they learned.
• Worm Parts - Students practice labeling animal parts of a worm.
• Earthworm Story - Students write a story about the earthworm’s life cycle using some key words.
• Earthworm Activity - Students observe an earthworm and answer questions.
• Worm Activity and Graphing - Students do an activity about worms, answer questions and make a bar graph of their results.
Standards for Science and Math including
• Life cycles and adaptations of living things to their environment.
• Scientific investigations and collecting data.
• Collecting data using bar graphs.
• Help students develop informational science literacy skills.
• Presents key science content and vocabulary found on most state tests.
Copyright © Galloping Turtle Books - All Rights Reserved. The purchase of this unit, including the individual parts, are for one teacher only. Other teachers or classrooms must purchase their own individual license. All the individual elements are copyrighted and not in the public domain. Rights do not allow any publication of any parts of the work or uploading to the school website or the internet in any form.
For More Educational Resources
We are always looking for honest comments and ratings so we can improve our products. You also get earned credits for discounts on future TPT purchases when you leave both a comment and a rating.