This complete teaching unit plan contains 8 separate products. It includes everything you need to teach a unit on the Phylum Annelida to your life science or biology students.
1. A 33 slide powerpoint presentation
2. Notes for the teacher
3. Notes outline for the student
4. Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
6. Crossword puzzle
7. Unit Test
8. Study Guide / Homework Assignment
9. Lab: Earthworm Dissection
This Powerpoint presentation covers the Phylum Annelida, in particular, the earthworms. There are 33 slides covering the following topics:
(1) classification of segmented worms
(2) characteristics of segmented worms
(3) the three classes of the phylum Annelida and their characteristics
(4) external and internal structures found in the earthworm
(5) movement in earthworms
6) earthworm feeding and digestion
(7) earthworm circulatory system
(8) earthworm respiration and excretion
(9)earthworm nervous system
(10) earthworm reproduction
(11) the polychaetes and their characteristics
(12) the class Hirudinea and their characteristics.
You will receive a complete set of notes for the teacher (5 pages) as well as an outline of notes for the student (7 pages). Students will complete their outline as they view the powerpoint presentation.
You will receive all materials in both an editable Word document as well as in pdf form.
Answer Keys are included for all documents.
This teaching bundle is appropriate for all life science and biology students in grades 7 -10.
The products included in this complete teaching unit plan are seen below. Click on each link to read a complete description and download a free preview.
Annelida Powerpoint and Notes
Annelida Jeopardy Review Game
Phylum Annelida Quiz or Homework
Test: Segmented Worms - Phylum Annelida
Phylum Annelida Crossword Puzzle
Phylum Annelida Study Guide and Homework
Lab: Earthworm dissection
Amy Brown (aka Science Stuff)