This Easter Math Mystery will engage and motivate your students during math time. In Case of The Egg Thief, students must use their math skills to discover five important clues about the case: who, where, when, what and why. Students will need to cut out the picture answer on their clue sheet and paste to their Mystery Case file until all five have been completed.
Optional video hook provided to introduce the activity to your students and create excitement! CLICK HERE FOR OPTIONAL FREE VIDEO HOOK
This fun detective story also encourages literacy skills as students must read simple sentences/phrases and match information given with a text picture stencil to present on their mystery case file.
You can choose to use this resource in a number of ways. Some suggestions are:
• Complete one clue page daily as part of daily math practice or mental math warmup.
• Use as an early finisher task for fast/advanced students.
• Homework practice (1 page per day or week)
• Complete all at once as a whole class (guided/groups/pairs/independently)
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
• Teacher Instructions
• The Math Mystery Story, “Case of The Egg Thief”
• Math Mystery Case File – that students will use as they work through each clue
• Clue 1 (WHAT) – Counting and comparing (less than 20)
• Clue 2 (WHEN) – Addition with pictures (less than 10)
• Clue 3 (WHERE) – Counting and comparing (less than 20)
• Clue 4 (WHO) – Ordering numbers – cut and paste (1-14)
• Clue 5 (WHY) – Subtraction with pictures (less than 19)
• A Literacy Extension Activity for optional use post investigation (Write a Letter to the Easter Bunny)
• Answer Sheets
• Printable awards to give to students who solve the mystery!
I hope your students enjoy. Please do not hesitate to email me on JJResourceCreations@gmail.com or use my store Q & A if you need help or have any questions when using this resource.
This is a different format to my other math mysteries. This is a new structure that I hope will work well with Kindergarten students. If you would prefer something more challenging, or would like math mysteries for other grades/skills you can find more in my store.
Look for the little green star near my store name and click to follow for updates on new freebies, new math mysteries added and more!