This resource contains a fully editable, colourful and informative 50-slide lesson / assembly presentation about Easter celebrations, customs and traditions in different countries around the world. The countries featured in this resource are:
The presentation includes hyperlinks to
- The Cypriot Easter Festival at Ayia Napa Monastery in Cyprus
- Easter tree decorations in Germany
- Pot breaking in Corfu on Easter Saturday
- Fasting traditions in Ethiopia
- The Via Dolorosa in Israel
- The Venice Mardi Gras Festival
The presentation concludes by asking the pupils which country they would like to visit at Easter and why? If purchased it would be a good idea to explain to the pupils at the beginning of the lesson that you will be asking this question at the end to encourage active listening and discussion after the presentation.
This resource will help to contribute to the pupils' 'Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural' learning and will help to actively promote the values of mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.