“Easter Bee Bot Mat and Game Board for Emergent Readers” is made of 20 printed 15cm x 15 cm squares that are to be cut out and assembled any way you want into a bee bot mat/game board. Each square features an Easter picture that is described by a sentence also printed on the square.
The mat/board once assembled will have a dual use.
1. It can be used as a bee bot mat where it will be used with the programmable bee bot robot for robotic lessons. From a stack of cards, each player picks up one card and follows instructions where to program the bee bot to go to find the matching picture on the mat.
2. It can be used as a game board game where children can play using dice (one is better as the board is quite small, only 20 squares ) and counters as each square is numbered. In some squares there is a picture of an Easter egg with the instruction to pick up a card. The child picks up a card from the stack and follows the instruction. This could advance a player or send him/her backwards on the board. The first one to reach number 20 is the winner!
There are 4 kinds of cards that you may use to prepare your stack of instructional cards. The cards are to be cut out and may be laminated for durability. A background image is also provided for printing the reverse side of the cards.
1. Picture cards. These are matching pictures of what is on the mat/board
2. 12 cards with a picture and a sentence written on them. When a child picks up one of these cards he/she should read the sentence, look at the picture and program the bee bot to go to the matching picture and sentence on the mat.
3. 12 cards with just the sentence written on them for more advanced readers. When a child picks up one of these cards he/she should read the sentence and program the bee bot to go to the picture that matches the description.
4. 20 "Go to...." cards. These are cards with the instruction "Go to ......" naming a numbered square on the mat/ board.
Total number of pages 31
I am a girl. I hold a big egg.
I am a girl. I hold a small egg.
I am a boy. I hold a big egg.
I push a big egg.
I carry my bunny in my basket.
The bunny is in the basket.
The bunny and the chick are hiding.
I hug my bunny.
My basket is full of eggs.
I paint Easter eggs.
Please note that all new resources will be offered at 50% off their listed price for the first two days!
So, why not follow me and get notified when they are added!
Your feedback in case you download this resource will be greatly appreciated!
By providing feedback you also earn points towards your future purchases!
Thank you so much!