An Easter / Springtime version of my original Candy Corn Challenge! I found Brach's pastel candy corn at the store and knew that my students would enjoy another candy corn challenge!!
Candy Corn Challenge created by Meredith Avren, M.Ed., CCC-SLP. Designed to be used with real candy corn! Yum! (Or you can print the black and white version and have the students color the candy corn instead of using real ones - but that isn't as yummy).
I developed this activity for use in my speech room with my articulation groups. You can easily adapt this activity to focus on math facts, sight words, or pretty much anything!
1 - Instruction sheet
2 - Color Candy Corn Challenge sheet with 100 little candy corn pictures on it
3 - Black and White version of the Challenge sheet
Here is how it works:
(1) I challenge my students to say their target speech sound 100 TIMES in one session.
(2) I give each student a copy of the Candy Corn Challenge sheet
(3) I place a bowl of candy corn in the middle of the table
(4) Each time a student says an accurate production of their speech sound, they get a candy corn to place over one of the candy corn pictures on their sheet
(5) Their goal is to have 100 accurate productions
(6) At the end of the session, I pass out plastic ziplock bags and the students dump their earned candy into the bag and take it home with them as a treat!
I hope you enjoy this sweet freebie! Please pretty please leave feedback if you like it!
Want more freebies and ideas for the classroom? Follow me on instagram: @thepeachiespeechie or check out my blog: www.PeachieSpeechie.com or "like" my Peachie Speechie facebook page!