Easter Chicks in Eggs is an interactive fun activity that can be used in any toddler, preschool and kindergarten setting. It fits perfectly in a Montessori classroom and homeschooling. It can even be used as a fun activity in any home with young children this Easter season!
This activity combines colors (11 colors are included), numbers (0 - 10)
and a fine motor practice.
There are 11 colored Easter eggs with numbers and 11 numbered chicks included in the set that you can print and laminate. The eggs once assembled will have a small pocket for the chicks to slide in.
Children will identify and name the number written on a chick and match it to the correct egg. For counting practice children are encouraged to count the little chicks on the eggs. Younger children get to identify and name the colors as well.
Please download the preview file to see a detailed instruction in how to assemble the eggs.
Total number of pages: 12
Suggestions for ways to use the eggs and chicks with children.
• Line them up from 0 to 10.
• Line them up from 10 to 0, counting reversely.
• Line them up from 1 to 10 and then take away some eggs and chicks. Get children to name the missing numbers. Adjust level of exercise according to children's age.
• Print the chicks many times. You can adjust your printer's settings to print them in more sets per page so you can have numerous of them. Then children can use them as counters. The beautiful thing with these counters though is that they have numbers on them so each time children start counting placing them under each egg, they get to form the arithmetic line.
• Print them all twice and get young toddlers to match the same colors, naming them.
• Hide some eggs and ask children to name the missing color.
These are only some suggestions. I' m sure you and your children can think of many more ways to use them!
Please note that all new resources will be offered at 50% off their listed price for the first two days!
So, why not follow me and get notified when they are added!
Your feedback in case you download this resource will be greatly appreciated!
By providing feedback you also earn points towards your future purchases!
Thank you so much!