The poem included in this set is intended to be used with students who are emergent readers. This Concept of Word freebie is for use during Easter week of course. It comes with the following components:
1) the poem written on sentence strips for a pocket chart or small group work
2) teaching pages and a touchpoint page for student practice as the teacher reads
3) the poem with touchpoint underneath
4) the poem on1/4 pages to teach the poem with pictures and to put in book form
5) a key vocabulary word list for words in isolation
6) a page in black and white for students to color and work on within guided reading
7) and a final page that can be projected or printed for students in color.
The poem would work well for repeated reading with parent volunteers, for sight word hunts, for letter recognition, and of course, COW.
If you like this freebie, be sure to check out these resources for the rest of the year:
Concept of Word: Fall Edition
Concept of Word: Winter Edition
Concept of Word: Spring Edition
Thanks for visiting and enjoy the freebie!