This Easter-themed product relates to counting from 0 to 10.
Aimed at: Early Years/Year 1 or Mixed year groups/Pre-K/K
Ideal for your Math Center.
A PowerPoint lesson (75 slides) which contains the following whole class activities:
1. Counting from 0 to 10 and back to zero - Visual images of hot cross buns as children count to and on Slide 15 count back from 10 to zero.
2. Slides 17-39 -Whole class activity on ‘How many hot cross buns do you see?’ - Slides show pictures of different numbers of hot cross buns which the children count. The answer is revealed after each slide. [Option: Provide individual whiteboards for students to write the number].
3. Slides 41-53 - Missing numbers above the hot cross buns. (Hand out individual whiteboards) - Students write or say the number that is missing in the sequence, e.g. 1, 2 ___ 4, 5. Extension to two numbers for more able students.
4. Slides 54-64 - Easter egg counting activity where the students add 1 more to the number of eggs displayed. Question: ‘How many Easter eggs if you add 1 more?’
Extension: Slides 65- 73 -Count and add 2 more eggs worksheet
Additional Resources – Consolidate learning
• Easter bunny number frieze for display -can be used as flashcards
• Easter egg number line
• Trace over number activity 0 to 10 - practice writing numbers and colour in activity
• Cut and stick activity - each strip has trace over dotted numbers 1 to 10. You cut out the strip and glue into students’ workbook or onto a sheet of paper. The student writes over the dotted number, e.g. 3 and then cut out 3 bunnies and glue onto the strip and color in.
• There is a separate cut out Easter bunny sheet.
• Cut and paste activity - Easter Egg Build a Tower task - Students build towers of eggs above each number on the number line (1 to 10 number line) - see example.
• Worksheet 1 (6 pages): This worksheet is in color and black and white. The students count the currants on each hot cross bun and write the number of currants counted in the blank space provided.
• Worksheet 2 (1 page) Count and Add 1 More: Students count the number of hot cross buns and then draw 1 more and write the total in the column.
• Worksheet 3 (1 page) - Count and Add 2 More: Students count the number of Easter eggs and then draw 2 more eggs and write the total number of eggs in the column.
Two homework worksheets:
(a) Count/Match - students count the Easter eggs and draw a line to the correct number.
(b) Count/Color - students count the Easter eggs and color the correct number according to the number stated.
Please see Preview Pane.
Thank you for stopping by:-)