This is the perfect activity to do in a center, before a spelling test or as morning work! I simply print out the spelling words for the week, cut them individually and place 2-3 words in a plastic egg. I hide the eggs around the room, but you could have them in a basket for a center. Your students find an egg and take it to their seat. Next, they will be able to do this activity using their spelling words from the egg.
Spelling Word Egg Hunt Game:
- Students will list their spelling words
- Students will write one silly sentence using ALL spelling words found in their egg
- Students will then circle the spelling words and identify any nouns, verbs, or adjectives found in their sentence
- Students will verify that they have a capital letter, finger space, punctuation and written neatly
- Last, students will illustrate their sentence and share it with the class or their table group
Please leave any feedback! Enjoy!