This 117-page pack includes Literacy and Math activities to use at Easter! The games included in this pack are:
- The Long or Short of It: A game that has students reading picture words aloud and deciding if the word has a long or short vowel in it. Aligns to Common Core Standard: 1.RF.2a.
- Get All Your Eggs in the Right Basket: A game that has students reading and sorting words with inflectional endings along with the base words. Aligns to Common Core Standards: 1.RF.3f and 1.L.4c.
- Opinionated Easter Writing: Writing activities that ask students to state opinions about Easter-related events/activities. Aligns to Common Core Standard 1.W.1.
- Sweet Sorting: This game has students sorting “sweets” based on if the word is a noun, verb, or adjective. Sorting mats are included. Pictures and words are featured on the cards. Aligns to Common Core Standards: 1.L.1b; 1.L.1e; and 1.L.1f.
- Counting Candy: This game is intended to help students practice naming 10 more and 10 less than a given two-digit number. Aligns to Common Core Standard 1.NBT.5.
- Don’t Count Your Chicks Before they Hatch: This game asks students to subtract multiplies of 10 from multiples of 10 using base ten blocks. Aligns to Common Core Standard 1.NBT.6.
- Bunnies, Carrots, and Jellybeans Oh My: This game has students comparing three objects by length. Aligns to Common Core Standard 1.MD.1.
- Graphing Goodies: This game asks students to practice their graphing skills by looking at an Easter scene and graphing the number of objects they see. Graphs are easy to understand and labeled for each picture. Recording sheets ask students to name the total number of objects, how many objects are in each category and a few questions about how many more of one object than another object! Aligns to Common Core Standard 1.MD.4.
Download the preview to see pictures of each game!
Some graphics and fonts used in this product are copyright of Dianne J. Hook. DJ Inkers Commercial License # 0821169191