Easter Fluency in a Flash 2nd Grade • Digital Fluency Mini Lessons
Also included in
- 2nd Grade SEASONAL Fluency in a Flash Bundle! This is an 18 week bundle of seasonally themed reading fluency mini lessons for the seasons in 2nd Grade. Read on below to learn about Fluency in a Flash and what is contained in this seasonal bundle. This is a SEASONAL ADD-ON to our 2nd Grade Fluency inPrice $24.95Original Price $31.50Save $6.55
- 2nd Grade Fluency in a Flash + 2nd Grade Seasonal Fluency in a Flash Bundle! This is a MEGA bundle of everyday and seasonally themed reading fluency mini lessons for 2nd Grade. Read on below to learn about Fluency in a Flash and what is contained in this mega bundle.This is a bundle of:2nd Grade FluPrice $49.95Original Price $91.00Save $41.05
Easter Fluency in a Flash Add-On for 2nd Grade! This is a 2 week set of Easter themed reading fluency mini lessons for 2nd Grade.
>>> This is a SEASONAL ADD-ON to our 2nd Grade Fluency in a Flash bundle. <<<
Please note: You MUST have PowerPoint on a desktop device to use this resource. It is NOT compatible with Google Slides, Keynote, or Powerpoint for iPad. This resource is digital only and is not designed to be printed. The files will open directly into Powerpoint show mode to protect the complicated animations and links.
Save $$ by purchasing this resource in the 2nd Grade Spring Fluency in a Flash Bundle (6 weeks) or the 2nd Grade All Seasons Fluency in a Flash Bundle (18 weeks)!
What is Fluency in a Flash?
Fluency in a Flash is a brief, targeted routine for practicing reading fluency daily. Each day of the week focuses on a specific fluency skill and can be completed in 2 or 3 minutes.
Simply project the day’s lesson on your board (PowerPoint required) and guide your students through the activity. Offer feedback on how they’re reading and, if time allows, give them the opportunity to complete an extension activity and self-assess their reading fluency.
At the end of each day, we also offer a quick optional practice activity and an opportunity for students to self-assess how well they used the components of fluent reading.
We also include a paper-free teachers guide that can be easily accessed within the file as needed.
What does a week of 2nd Grade Easter Fluency in a Flash look like?
- Monday - Syllable Segments: Students work with multi-syllable words to practice the word attack strategies of segmenting and blending. Syllables slide in on Easter eggs before a forklift (driven by a hen!) reveals the whole word.
- Tuesday - What a Character: Students practice reading a short seasonal poem as a real-life opportunity to practice good phrasing and expression. They also have the opportunity to practice reading as different characters to make this fluency practice extra fun. Students can read in three seasonal styles each week: like you're tired from hiding Easter eggs all night, like a little chick, like you smell a stinky flower, like you're a hopping Easter bunny, like you found a golden egg, and like you have a mouth full of chocolate.
- Wednesday - Watch Your Tone: Students practice reading the same sentence using tones that match different settings. This helps them focus on the subtler aspects of expressive reading. Three different springy Easter scenes each week make these sentences take on a whole new meaning.
- Thursday - Crazy Conversations: Students create a conversation where the words are nonsense, but they must use the punctuation cues to add meaning to what they’re saying. Students will love having a nonsense word conversation between some silly kids in Easter settings.
- Friday - Riddles: Fluency and inferencing skills are applied as students practicing reading—and then solving—seasonal riddles. Spoiler alert: Set in an Easter egg hunt, your students will love these Easter riddles that enter the scene with two chocolate bunnies!
What does 2nd Grade Easter Fluency in a Flash contain?
This set contains 2 WEEKS of fun Easter themed fluency practice!
Looking for more Fluency resources? Check out all our fluency resources.