Easter is a wonderful time to do something special with our students, because of the excitement in the air, all the ideas generated, and/or it’s a time for reflection. What a better way to celebrate by writing a free verse poem. “Easter Free Verse Poems,” by Melissa J. Donovan, a lengthened version from “Holiday Poetry Keepers,” provides all the materials needed for either instruction or independent pursuit.
If student or students have never written a free verse poem before, take this perfect opportunity to teach them. Authors should proudly take their polished poems home in hopes they’ll be “Keepers”.
Below are the parts included in Easter Free Verse Poems:
• “Here Comes the Easter Bunny” poem model with criteria list
• Resource sheet of topic ideas, prompts, and “repetitive”
• “Too Old For a Basket?” modeled poems illustrating
differences in line lengths
• Two guided practice poems with beginnings started
• Two of the above poems completed for teacher models
• Five-step graphic organizers for the building of students’
• Two “Happy Easter” display formats
Enjoy, and Happy Easter!
Until Next Time,
Easter Free Verse Poems
by Melissa J. Donovan
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License