- Use this YEAR LONG BUNDLE of PRINT & GO math enrichment activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving fun ALL YEAR LONG. A Year of Math Challenges & Brain Teasers includes every math challenge and brain teaser pack in the store and is$119.50$89.00Save $30.50
- Use these PRINT & GO math problems to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with engaging holiday themed math problem solving! The Monthly Math Challenge & Brain Teaser Bundle includes a set of math challenges & brain teasers for every month of the school year. With this$65.00$49.00Save $16.00
- Product Description
Send these PRINT & GO spring math enrichment worksheets home in distance learning packets to challenge advanced 2nd and 3rd grade students with spring math FUN! These seasonal math challenges and brainteasers have engaging April Fools' Day, baseball, Earth Day and Easter themes students love, and are a perfect addition to your at home learning plans for high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students during the month of April.
With answer keys included and writing pages for students to explain their mathematical thinking, these spring math worksheets are an easy way to keep your advanced mathematicians engaged at home with little work for you or for parents. Just click the print button and you're ready to go!
The April Math Challenge and Brainteaser Pack includes 26 NO PREP math printables with answer keys you can use for second and third grade distance learning packets, math centers, homework, fast finishers, number talks, spring centers, math enrichment contracts, small groups, or whole class problem solving.
April themes include: Easter, April Fools' Day, eggs, bunnies, Easter candy, flowers, rain, baseball, lambs, Earth Day, and Spring Break.
Recommended as a challenge for 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Included in this pack:
11 Math Challenges
- Racking up Recyclables (Place value, adding multiple 1-digit numbers to 20, guess and check)
- MLB Stats (Adding and subtracting 2-digit numbers, logical thinking)
- Flower Garden (Area, multiplying 2-digit by 1-digit numbers, counting by fives)
- Candy Count (Addition and subtraction within 100, guess and check, logical thinking)
- Spring Break (Converting days to hours, adding multiple 2-digit numbers)
- Jeepers Peepers (Adding money to $20.00, logical thinking, organizing data)
- Rain Rain Go Away (Calendar math, doubling numbers, adding numbers with up to 4-digits)
- Egg Hunt (Addition and subtraction within 100, guess and check, logical thinking)
- Chocolate Bunnies (Converting ounces to pounds, organizing data, finding multiple combinations)
- Hippity Hop (Doubling numbers, converting inches to feet and inches)
- Basket of Bunnies (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers, logical thinking, guess and check)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Scrambled Eggs (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Rabbit Reasoning (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- April Fools (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers, logical thinking, guess and check)
- Lamb Lunch (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Egg Hunt #1 (Using ordered pairs, letter & number coordinates, easier)
- Egg Hunt #2 (Using ordered pairs, numbered coordinates, more difficult)
- Egg Hunt #3 (Using ordered pairs, equation coordinates, most difficult)
- Spring Sentences #1 (Addition and subtraction to 20, balancing equations)
- Spring Sentences #2 (Addition and subtraction to 100, balancing equations)
- RAIN Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- HUNT Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- SPRING Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- SHOWER Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- BASKET Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- HOME RUNS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems. Perfect to use for homework or centers!
- Answer keys for every problem
Click on the preview to see all challenges, brainteasers, and answer keys.
Have a fab day Super Teacher,
Sign up for the Super Teacher e-mail list and be the first to know about exclusive freebies, new products, and get super teacher tips and tricks for your teacher toolbox delivered right to your inbox!
If you like this product you might also like
Here are a few ideas for how you might use these challenges and brainteasers in your own classroom:
*Use these as extension activities for math contracts. Make a pack of challenge problems for advanced students to use as a fast finisher or during certain in-class math lessons when they’ve already mastered the material. You can read more about this strategy and receive a free editable math contract at my blog HERE.
*Use a challenge or brainteaser as a homework option for students who need a challenge, or let them replace a simple homework assignment with the challenge to show parents how well you’re differentiating.
*Use a math challenge or brainteaser as a “number talk” problem to start out your daily math class. Work through it as a class or let students work in partners or small groups to talk through it and solve it together.
*Give a challenge or brainteaser to a small group of students as one of their independent math workshop rotations or use them with your advanced small math group rotation.
*Use the problems as an independent practice activity during a unit on problem solving strategies (guess and check, work backwards, etc.) or attacking a multi-step problem.
*Keep a stack of challenge problems in your classroom fast finisher area for any student who wants a challenge.
*Choose one or two challenge problems for the month and reward any student who can solve both. You can put these on a bulletin board or have them available as additional incentives.
*Use the holiday themed challenges as a choice activity during a holiday party or to keep your sanity during that holiday down time.
Become a follower and be the first to know about new Super Teacher freebies and product launches. It's Easy!
Click HERE to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates from TpT when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun. Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. It's FREE!
Go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback” option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!