Easter STEM Challenge: Basket Bounce Paperless Version
Also included in
- Looking for Easter activities that your students will love but are more than just a craft or activity to pass the time? These Easter STEM Challenges (Easter STEAM Challenges) will keep your students engaged in brain-busting work disguised as fun! The basic premise: Students work in partners or grouPrice $8.98Original Price $17.50Save $8.52
- Super-charge your STEM class with 52 high-engagement, critical thinking, problem-solving, NGSS-aligned challenges to take you through the entire year! Modifications are included to make these activities engaging and challenging for students in grades 2 - 8. (Note: Two of the 52 challenges are includPrice $95.00Original Price $177.92Save $82.92
- Looking for an engaging STEM / STEAM Easter activity? Basket Bounce is loads of collaborative fun, coupled with critical thinking, problem-solving, and even a little P.E.!The basic premise:Individually or in partners/groups, students will design and build a basket that will hold and contain Easter ePrice $5.98Original Price $7.96Save $1.98
Looking for Easter activities that your students will love but are more than just a craft or activity to pass the time? This Easter STEM Challenge (Easter STEAM Challenge) will keep your students engaged in brain-busting work disguised as fun! Basket Bounce is loads of collaborative fun, coupled with critical thinking, problem-solving, and even a little P.E.!
The basic premise:
Individually or in partners/groups, students will design and build a basket that will hold and contain Easter eggs as they participate in a bouncy relay race.
- Directions to conduct the race based on whether students design baskets in groups, partners, or individually are included.
Modifications included for grades 2-8.
Note: This version is for use with Google Slides ™ in 1:1/paperless classrooms. If you prefer to print and have students complete work with paper/pencil, you'll want to look at the PRINTABLE VERSION instead.
If you have questions about which version is right for you, please feel free to leave me a question using the product Q&A below.
This is one of five Easter / Spring STEM Challenges. They can be purchased in a bundle at a 40% discount:
Easter / Spring DIGITAL/PAPERLESS STEM Challenge Bundle
NGSS aligned standards, Grades 2 – 8
- Links to STEM Challenge “How-to”/PD videos
- Link to a video walk-through of the challenge
- Links to STEM Challenge “How-to”/PD videos
- Materials and timing
- Criteria & Constraints (including modifications to increase difficulty for older students)
- Measuring results
- Post-design extension activities list
- Universal STEM Challenge Notes & How to Use Student Slides Post-design extension activities list
- Criteria & Constraints List (editable version provided)
- Design Analysis
- Discussion Questions
- Compare and Order numbers_v1: whole numbers to hundreds (with answer key)
- Compare and Order numbers_v2: decimals to thousandths (with answer key)
- Fraction mix-up: unscramble numerators & denominators to create addends for a given sum (answer key & make-your-own version)
- Number puzzles: identify what sets of numbers have in common (answer key & make-your-own version)
- Math Extension: create your own world problems
- Synonyms and antonyms (answer key & make-your-own version)
- Process Flow Map
CLICK THE GREEN PREVIEW BUTTON UNDER THE COVER & THUMBNAILS TO SEE THE SLIDES INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE!
Sample/suggested materials for each student or group:
(Materials you’ll need to do the activity are easily modified. )
– Straws (10 – 20)
– Pipe cleaners (10 - 20)
– Plastic eggs (6)
– Craft sticks (5 – 10)
– String/yarn (12 – 24 in.)
– Tape (12 - 24 in.)
– Rubber bands (5 - 10)
– Design analysis handouts (included)
– Small cups or bowls
– Paper plates
– Cardboard or card stock
Benefits of this STEM Design Challenge:
- Focus on critical thinking, problem solving, and application of learning
- Helps students develop growth mindset traits like persistence and resilience
- High levels of student engagement
- The potential to hit upon all NGSS ETS standards depending on the depth and number of iterations you choose to implement in your classroom (modifications included)
- Highly flexible and differentiated for materials, timing, grade levels, and rigor.
Each design iteration should be planned for ~60-90 min. if you are including data gathering and analysis rather than just building for fun. If you add extension activities, you will need to adjust timing accordingly.
What do teachers have to say about this resource?
Note: Comments taken from the print version.
"I'll be buying every STEM project from this seller! My kids, admin, and myself loved loved loved them!"
“LOVED THIS! Great way to get some fourth graders brains thinking!”
“We just LOVED LOVED this Stem Challenge! Thanks for challenge that really made us think...and... JUMP!”
“Great way to incorporate STEM as well as physical activity for program review!!!”
“Outstanding activity, LOVE the new standard alignments for k-12.”
You might also like these resources:
STEM CHALLENGE YEAR-ROUND MEGA-BUNDLE
Getting Started with STEM Challenges FREEBIE
Analyze and Interpret Data Unit
Please check out the preview to see the challenge, and don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions!