Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- Super-charge your STEM class with 52 high-engagement, critical thinking, problem-solving, NGSS-aligned challenges to take you through the entire year! Modifications are included to make these activities engaging and challenging for students in grades 2 - 8. (Note: Two of the 52 challenges are includPrice $95.00Original Price $177.92Save $82.92
Looking for Easter activities that your students will love but are more than just a craft or activity to pass the time? These Easter STEM Challenges (Easter STEAM Challenges) will keep your students engaged in brain-busting work disguised as fun!
The basic premise:
Students work in partners or groups against criteria & constraints lists to design and build five Easter/spring themed items using science, technology, engineering, and math skills to complete the tasks and extensions.
Modification suggestions are included to make these challenges engaging and productive for students in grades 2 - 8.
This bundle includes five challenges at a great discount!
⭐ Easter STEM Challenge: Basket Bounce Paperless Version
⭐ Easter STEM Challenge: Carrot Carriage Paperless Version
⭐ Easter STEM Challenge: Egg-hanced Paperless Version
⭐ Spring - Easter STEM Challenge: Bean Bind Paperless Version
⭐ Spring STEM Challenge: Nice Nest Paperless Version
Note: This is the digital/paperless version. If you are prefer to print, you will want to check out the PRINTABLE VERSION instead.
If you have questions about which version is right for you, please feel free to leave me a question using the product Q&A below.
Materials you’ll need to do the activity are easily modified. Materials lists can be found in the product descriptions for each individual challenge linked above or by clicking through on its page in the downloadable preview.
• Overall STEM Tips
- Suggestions on timing and whether or not to treat these challenges as competitions
- What to say (and what not to say) during STEM Challenges
- 5-event Data Tracker handout
Plus, each challenge comes with:
• NGSS aligned standards, Grades 2 – 8
• Teacher Tips
- Links to STEM Challenge How-to Videos
- Links to individual challenge walk-throughs
- Materials and timing
- Criteria & Constraints (including modifications to increase difficulty for older students)
- Measuring results
- Post-design extension activities list
- Universal STEM Challenge Tips/how to use the design analysis slides
• Student Slides
- Criteria and Constraints list
- Results and Design Analysis
- Discussion Questions
• Extension templates
- Process Flow Map
- Math Extensions
- Plus, other design-specific slides
- Links to applicable websites/videos (varies by challenge)
The preview shows an overview of what is included in each challenge. You can find more details by clicking anywhere on the individual challenge pages. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions!
Benefits of STEM Design Challenges:
- Focus on critical thinking, problem solving, and application of learning
- High levels of student engagement
- The potential to hit upon all NGSS ETS standards depending on the depth and number of iterations you choose to implement in your classroom (modifications included)
- Highly flexible and differentiated for materials, timing, grade levels, and rigor.
Each design iteration should be planned for approximately 60 – 90 min. Again, I recommend working on STEM Design Challenges in multiple iterations to get the full value.
What do teachers have to say about this resource?
Note: Comments taken from the print version.
“LOVE your STEM activities! They are always great! Can't wait to use these with my students! Thank you for your hard work!”
“Great resource - very detailed and easy to use.”
“I love the feedback sheets for the students.”
“Fun! Thanks for creating this. Our group of 3rd and 4th graders loved it!”
"We had such fun with these activities! I teach 5th-8th grade Engineering by Design and they love all the activities of yours that I have purchased. I have some phenomenal pictures of all the activities if you tell me where to send them. Thanks, again for all your challenges! I will see if you have any more that I have NOT purchased yet! Thanks!"
You might also like these resources:
⭐ STEM Challenges: Year-Round Mega Bundle
⭐ Getting Started with STEM Challenges: FREEBIE
⭐ Valentine's Day STEM Challenge Bundle 1:1 Paperless Version
⭐ St. Patrick's Day STEM Challenge Bundle 1:1 Paperless Version
⭐ Christmas - Winter STEM Challenge Bundle 1:1 PAPERLESS
⭐ Thanksgiving STEM Challenges: 5-in-1 Digital-Paperless Bundle
⭐ Halloween STEM Challenges: 5-in-1 Bundle_Paperless 1:1 Version
⭐ Back to School STEM Challenge Bundle: 1:1 PAPERLESS Version
⭐ Analyze and Interpret Data Unit
Please check out the preview to see the challenge, and don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions!