A one stop Easter Pack ready to target language and articulation! There are over 60 pages with activities, worksheets and games for classroom use, small groups and speech therapy sessions!
Included in this pack:
Picture Chat (1 activity)
Picture Chats are designed to help students observe and discover pictures. By using the picture chats students look at items, characters and events within a picture. There are is a page of language ideas included to
help promote a “chat” about each scene. This includes:
* Vocabulary to learn-encourage students to name all objects in the picture scene. A list of words is provided to help prompt the words needed.
* Questions-Each scene has a list of ‘Wh’ questions to ask which relate to the picture scene. Included are ‘what,' ‘who,' ‘where,' ‘when,' ‘why’ and ‘How’ questions.
* Discussion prompts-these ideas are to encourage further discussion after the picture chat while relating back to the picture and a students own personal experiences.
Listen & Find (1 Activity)
Place the scene and pile of counters in front of each student and then read the instructions at the top of the “what to read” page. Once students have an understanding of what is expected continue with the activity and read each direction.
After students have listened to an instruction they can put a counter on the picture they think matches the direction. At the end of the directions there should be one picture without a counter to show that the students have listened and eliminated all other pictures. Directions can be read once to test students auditory memory and receptive language skills or read with repetition if needed.
Drawing Details from a Story (1 activity)
Introduce children to the concept of visualising what they hear and seeing a picture in their mind when they hear a story. Give students the picture scene at the beginning of the activity. Instruct students to listen and remember details they hear in the story
Read the story. While each sentence is read students should be making a picture in their mind and looking at the picture scene imagining the story coming to life on the page. After the story is finished students can then draw what they remember and what they pictured in their mind onto the picture scene
A list of possible answers is provided for each picture scene/story.
Sequence 123 (2 sets of pictures)
“Sequence 123” allows students to learn the skill of sequencing pictures to then tell a story. Print, cut and laminate each set of cards and matching prompt cards.
Students get a set of 3 pictures and decide which order they should be in: Which picture is 1st, 2nd and then 3rd. If students have difficulty sequencing the pictures encourage them to look at the characters, events and movements within each picture.
Once students have put the pictures into the correct sequence use the matching prompt card to complete activities about the picture set. Prompt cards include:
* “Tell the story”- Students need to make a story about the pictures starting with a clear beginning sentence to match the 1st picture, a middle sentence for the 2nd picture and to end the story, a sentence to match the 3rd picture.
* “Predict what will happen next” - Encourage students to add a final sentence to the story by “guessing” what might happen next in the story. Use the extra prompt of imagining there is a 4th picture to the sequence.
* “Wh questions” - Ask the student 3 questions related to the sequenced picture set.
Articulation Game- Fill the Easter Basket
Sounds include /f/, /k/, /g/, /s/, /l/, /r/, /sh/, /ch/, /s/ blends, /l/ blends and /r/ blends) all in the initial position of words.
Students take turns to pick an Easter egg and say the picture on it correctly and put it in the basket. Students can also say a phrase or sentence once they have put it in the basket. Game is finished when all of the eggs have been used and the basket is full!
Articulation Cut & Paste- Hide the Eggs
Print out sheets that include articulation sounds on eggs (sounds include /f/, /k/, /g/, /s/, /l/, /r/, /sh/, /ch/, /s/ blends, /l/ blends and /r/ blends) and park scene
Each sheet has instructions on what to cut and how to paste the items. Students can also colour eggs before or after cutting and pasting.
- laminate and cut out. Use eggs to play matching games or memory/snap and teach students about opposites
Naming in category baskets
- laminate and cut out baskets. Read the question on the basket and name 3 items that match the category.
- Read and answer Easter related questions. Cards include ‘what’, ‘who’, ‘when’, ‘where’, 'how' and ‘why’.
Blank Game Board- (1 board+ counters/spinners)
Have fun playing a game and taking turns or use with some of the activities included in this pack. Students could answer the ‘wh’ questions as they roll or the opposites, or naming category baskets! In articulation therapy use with your articulation cards for a universal activity. Ideas are endless!
Easter Worksheets (5 sheets)
No preparation needed! Just print and go!. Worksheets focus on:
* Easter word search
* Easter maze
* Easter Alphabetical ordering
* Easter Code Cracker
* Easter Adjectives
This pack has enough activities to keep you going all through March & April!
Your download includes:
★ 63 pages! One big Easter Pack
You will need to:
★ Print in colour or black and white- choose and print pages as you need them!
★ Laminate coloured activities for durability
★ Black and white activities are no prep!
I like to use this product for:
→ Receptive and expressive language
→ Social Skills
→ For homework and carryover
→ Small groups and individual students
Like this product? Then you need to check out these other great resources in my store!
Fall Mega Pack
Winter Mega Pack.
Spring Mega Pack
Need more language resources? Then take a look at these! Language Products
Feedback & Followers
If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. You will receive TPT credits if your review is for a paid product! I read and respond to all reviews- I really appreciate hearing from you!
Follow my TPT store to be the first to see my new release products and find out when my store is on sale! If you have any questions or ideas please contact me!
Katrina Bevan- Speech Pathologist
Pinterest: Katrina Bevan