Easy Easter Sewing Project - Pyramid Chickens - Juggling, Doorstops or Decor
Also included in
- A fabulous Easter STEAM Craft Bundle including some of our most popular Easter projects:* basic mechanics Easter Bunny Puppets* exploring maths with triangle chickens* exploring maths and symmetry with Origami Bunny Greeting Cards* simple Pop UP Easter Egg Cards* and turn a rectangle into a pyramidPrice $9.00Original Price $12.00Save $3.00
These Bean Bag Chickens are a great beginner’s sewing project. They are based on a simple pyramid shape, which are a lot easier to sew than it looks. Children need to only sew two straight lines, plus the chickens eyes.
Introduce the children to French Knots if intermiate sewers or replace with small pieces of felt, buttons or even glue on googly eyes if beginners.
You can either hand sew or machine sew this project!
3 Page Printables include
* Lesson Plan overview
* Worksheet for sewing a pyramid chicken
* additional worksheet for making French Knots - French Knots can be omitted for buttons, felt circles or googly eyes if easier
NOTE: the steps come with full color photos, these have been tested and are still suitable for black and white printing to save on ink
· Introduce sewing to children
· Reading skills & following instructions
· Discussing shapes (rectangle, square & pyramid)
· Upcycling old fabric
· Seasonal activity
· Fabric (8inch x 4.5inch/ 20cm x 11cm) - recycle a nice shirt?
· Felt scraps,
· Rrice or beands,
· Stuffing (upcycled pillows are great),
· needle & thread.
These Bean Bag Chickens are super fun for juggling, as decorations or make large ones as doorstops.