Also included in
- Both labs can be done at home with minimal supplies. Students pages can be printed or be TpT Digital Activities. Two experiments that my students plan and perform to learn the basics of experimental design, collecting data and summarizing results. Through these labs students are challenged to do the$6.28$6.98Save $0.70
- COMPLETE UNIT ON CONTROLLED EXPERIMENTS, GRAPHING DATA AND DATA ANALYSISAll of the resources either have a Google doc version or can be used as a TpT Digital Activity.1. Three Lessons on Deconstructing the Parts of a Controlled Experiment - experimental questions, hypotheses, variables, data analysi$23.00$26.31Save $3.31
Students plan and carry out this experiment to learn the basics of experimental design, collecting data and summarizing results.
This lab can be done in-school or at-home - only need a measuring stick/tape, small ball and tape.
This lab allows students to discover the challenges of conducting a controlled experiment through trial and error. It’s perfect for pairing with a lesson on kinetic and potential energy and can be completed in one class period.
• Identify variables and constants
• Examine experimental design
• Graph data
• Summarize results
• Balls – small bounce balls work well ( and are very cheap)
• Meter sticks, yard sticks or measuring tape (1 or 2 per group)
• Masking tape to secure meter sticks/measuring tape to wall